Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever said something without thinking and been embarrassed?
Ever said something without thinking and been embarrassed?

I keep chuckling out loud everytime I see the title of this thread.....

...the first couple of years I was working in gay bars I had a horrible time...I did not have a filter and I truly wasn't mean spirited but you wouldn't have known it if you heard some of the stuff I said...

I finally got a good lecture on the topic one night at a party ...

I was sitting in the living room with this twit who was ridiculing everyone's haircut and I was ignoring him....completely...just not interested in commenting on anyone's haircut...and finally he announced "I'm Bored...Aren't You Bored?"...and so I thought about it for a few minutes and said to him very sincerely thinking he was actually asking me for an honest answer that up to this very minute in my life I had never really been bored...until right now listening to him talk about other people's haircuts...OOPS!

I didn't even know I said anything wrong or mean until the host came up to me a few minutes later after (lets call him Sheila:biggrinSmile Sheila went up and whined to everyone about how rude I was. I was shocked:eek:

....and when the host was explaining to me that we had been friends since 14 and how I always said inappropriate things to people I...again very sincerely...asked him if he could teach me to be as phony as he was. I was really giving him a compliment and I wanted to learn because it sure would be helpful in a gay bar...and then these boring parties. I thought if I could learn to be phony I wouldnt' have to worry about putting my foot in my mouth:biggrin:

Errr...that went over like a lead balloon...who knew?Wink

everyone be cautious
pregnant women and men display less logic at times. maybe its the financial or medical, stress brought on with that big change in their life.