Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever seen a ghost ? [DO NOT READ if you are of a nervous disposition xxx]
Whilst I personally have never seen a ghost myself, I do believe in the supernatural, and so I thought I'd share a couplea tales with you ...

My family (myself included) were staying at a hotel in England one time called the Peacock hotel. My brother and I had a room adjoining my mum and dad's ... and when we went downstairs for breakfast the following morning, my parents asked whether my brother or I had been through to their room during the night.

Neither of us had.

They said in that case it was BIZARRE because they saw the outline of a child (which both of us were at the time) walking past the foot of their bed, and visibly sit ON the bed, but when they sat up it had gone.

The hotel management said it was the ghost of a child of long ago and walks from room to room, but it never hurts anybody - it just paces around.

SPOOKY !!

Then there was this house we almost bought in Jersey called "La Solana", which apparently is haunted by the ghost of the builder's son, who fell down a flight of stairs and broke his neck. The cleaner apparently had to be let go because the homeowner came back home one night and found her HYSTERICAL because she had been cleaning the balustrade at the top of the stairs, and had looked over and seen (presumably) the ghostly figure of the son, lying on the floor of the main hall, dead.

FREAK-O-LICIOUS !!!!!

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I love spooky paranormal stuff .these are interesting stories!:biggrin:

What i believe is that there is life after death even though it is not as we know it. Other than that i am not sure.

I haven't seen a ghost but i have sensed a few things. 2 years a go i felt someone trying to suffocate me while i was resting on my bed eyes open, almost lost sense of where i am couldn't shout for help and it went away as soon as i prayed. Actually it was scary at the time and went to the doctors to tell me i am perfectly healthy. Of course i didnt say what i felt only the symptoms.

Tree friends of mine (perfectly healthy and fit) said the same thing have happened to them and went away the same way. Presumingly it was a well known 'negative energy' spirit, described as tall dressed in black which is what i also felt. Wink

Ghosts are spooky but harmless and that is what they are. It is said to have a line between the material and spirit world they cannot cross and cannot cause any harm but scare you. So...dont be scared of them or even the idea that they might exist.

spotysocks, they call that kanashibari in Japanese. I experienced it once too.

I will tell you one of my experiences. I was living with a woman and dating a woman too. Both were out of the city when this happened. I was alone in the apt.

The first thing that happened was near dusk. I was moving from the kitchen to the bathroom and this wild shadow flew across the kitchen wall. After finishing up with the bathroom that shadow stuck in my head. I went back to the kitchen and tried to recreate the shadow but couldnt. I thought maybe it was a bird who flew past the window so got a broom out and waved it across the window - NO shadows at all at that time of day???

That nite was one of the first nites that I was alone in this apt. I couldnt sleep and it was about 2am or so. I felt this air blowing in my ear. I thought it was weird because my head was facing away from the window and it was a hot summer day without any wind. Then the pipes banged three times. Of course it could have been the upstairs neighbors... but then something blew in my ear again. I kinda freaked out and pulled the covers over my head.

The next day the same thing happened. I was in bed and felt someone blow in my ear and then the pipes banged three times. I wasnt scared anymore because I realized that someone wanted to communicate with me and not harm me. I looked at the ceiling and noticed something blacker than the black. It wasnt a real shape but wasnt like smoke either.

The next day my roomie returned and it all stopped. I told her about my experience and she investigated and found that a woman had hung herself in the apt next to ours. We think it was her. It was a half way house (for the mentally disturbed). One of the more interesting folks was Bob. He was a true split personality. If you told him something when he was a man and asked him about it when he was a woman he didnt know what you were talking about.

frank

Ahh! I love things like this, although I wouldn't say I'm a believer of all of this I would say that it intrigues me.

I haven't seen a ghost as such however, just after my great grans death me and a friend were watching Andrew Lloyd Webbers The Phantom of the Opera (We love musicals and at the time we wanted to work in the west end). We were singing along to the title theme in the musical were the sound went off and it sounded like someone said "Anthony... jessica" (our names) no one was in the house so it was kind of a weird experience. We went back to the point it happened a few times and it never happened again. I guess, perhaps, a scratch on the disk?

Quote:spotysocks, they call that kanashibari in Japanese. I experienced it once too.

I only saw this now. Interesting, seems like this entity has a busy schedule, he has visited quite a few people hasnt he. haha Freaky!

There is another name for that 'thing' which you reminded me now ... if i am not wrong some call it Carabasan or something similar.

Oh god, I've seen a lot of ghosts. Where to start, well, the first one was when I was three or four and I saw a whole bunch of flying ghost balls just start zooming through my room and out the unopened window. I swear I heard a little girls voice come from one of them. The next one was a few weeks later where I saw an extremely pale man naked on top of my brother with a knife, but then he just disappeared when I starting talking. Whew, um, the next one, it was a good four or five years later and I was in a new house. I woke up one night and a saw a turtle on top of my TV. It started asking me Calculus questions and told me not to bother him again if I didn't want to be tested on my Calculus skills. o.0. I think I'll stop there, I can't quite remember all of my other experiences well because I was always half asleep during them.

Hmm My old house was haunted, had to call the vicar/priest guy to get rid of it.

Every man which ever lived in there, had a bad accident or died. 4 Died, 2 mugged, one arm through a glass pane nearly losing it (My dad).

And I believe my great nan is still around me Rolleyes Nothing serious EVER happens, if its going to something pretty major occurs warning me :confused:

So yehhh. :redface:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

yeeeeeuuup
Def'nally have.

My old bf's house was haunted... big horror story to go along with it. Ugh. If you wanna hear it, PM me, it's creepy and twisted... BUT! I did meet the little girl of the family, and she's about the sweetest thing I've ever met... smart too!

And as for the paranormal in general: I'm a big time believer. I study demonology, and such... in fact (call me insane, I've gotten used to it) I've got a belief that I am a demon, exiled from Hell, yadda yadda. Story sounds even more insane than just the title... so yeah!

hiya

I have had many experiences...waking up with a monk stood at the bottom of my bed..being dragged out of bed by some unknown presence...heard someone behind me though there was only me in the house and all was locked up...I heard loud footsteps and felt someone rush past behind me...

also seen a spirit walk from one side of the room to another whilst staying away..and what I remember the most is my mam appearing to me in the early evening..she was cremated that morning..at first I was just sat alone after everyone had gone..no TV on..and to my left this ball of blue light appeared..for some reason I must have been deep in thought I did not give it much attention then on the 5th time I thought what is that where is it coming from...and when I look at the kitchen door a mass of swirling etheric energy gathered and my mother fully appeared..I wish I had not got up and gone to my brothers but it was so powerful at the time it stunned me...

Now this is an interesting subject. I too have seen a ghost but then again some folk who claim to have seen them have in fact not. The "seeing" of a loved one now deceased can sometimes be put down the subconcious desire of the mind of what it WANTS to see. I don't say that anyone is a liar, I only make the claim that what you have seen in your third eye in your brain is seeing inside your subconcious whilst concious. I know that sounds double dutch but it is nonetheless true.

There have undoubtedly been cases of folk actually seeing a dead loved one but most of those occur when the subject does not yet know that the person is dead. Such as a Mother seeing her son who is away at war and he is killed and appears to her before leaving for the other side. The same thing can occur to an animal who somehow detects that a loved master/mistress has died and howls or dies itself.

If the person you see is unknown to you then that is a genuine spirit who either does not know they are dead or cannot bring itself to leave this world for the next. Sometimes these apparitions are indeed kept here from a desire for revenge hence poltergeists. Those things do indeed need help to cross over.

This is not sceptisim but a summary of the facts with no offence meant to anyone.

Addendum: I coudn't find the words yesterday to describe what I was trying to say but in essence when a person "sees" a recently deceased loved one it is an ultimate manifestation of grief. The phsyche can do many things to a conciouse person such as "seeing" something move out of the corner of your eye in the middle of an open field [like a dog trotting along] but when you look the feild is empty.