Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everything you know is wrong.
spilovn Wrote:the only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

~ Socrates

But Socrates' statement is an attitude of approach, an openness to questioning, exploration, and insight, not an advocation of ignorance.

As for Feynman, again he's speaking of something quite personal, his awareness of his own inner workings -- not so much about the mechanics of the cosmos. This isn't an epistemological discussion, either the sun is internally driven or it isn't and this is something we CAN humanly determine. We have the resources to dos so -- and the applications of this determination have far-reaching consequences.

As the last video I posted indices, the EU hypothesis suggests a completely different history of our solar system and very likely the evolution of life on earth. So far as I can make out from it what the EU proponents are suggesting is that earth was at one time a satellite of a brown dwarf -- apparently what remains now as the gas giant, Jupiter -- and it was under those conditions that life emerged on this planet.

This is a radically different perspective from the prevailing paradigm, one that can be either validated or proven false, and if it is validated will give us a completely different understanding of ourselves and the fundamental nature of the universe. This is why I say it is right up there with Copernicus; if the EU hypothesis is right, we're on the cusp of a radically different understanding of just about everything -- including the history of our planet, life on earth and the evolution of our species.

This whole thread makes my head hurt. That is not necessarily a bad thing.

Anybody an expert on Mercea Eliade?
I bid NO Trump!