Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex is overstepping the line
Ex is overstepping the line

Okay long story short. My ex dumped me, cheated on me and moved in with his gf. We're both men so it was a little shocking to me. Even though I knew he had some issues with being gay but thought he was comfortable with me. This happened right around x-mas. We were together for over 1.5 years. I was shocked and I'm getting over it. Last week he sent me a txt asking if we could meet up and we'll spend the night together. I didn't reply. He called and left a v-mail, I sent him a txt saying to leave me alone and it's not appropriate for him to be calling me while he has a gf. I also saved that txt where he asked me to be his bottie call. Since then, five days ago I've been NC with him.

Fast forward to today. A little history before hand. We are both skydivers and worked at a windtunnel (freefall simulator). We worked together till he got fired over a year ago. I still work there. Well today he got a hold of me at work, yes he called my work and got a hold of me over the phone. He asked if I would be okay with him and his gf coming here to fly while I was working. I basically said I'm at work and I'll be professional and okay about it. What can I do. His reply was 'I dont want you to be okay. I want you to say something to me.' He was very emotional when he said this to me. Guys and girls I just want this guy out of my life. I don't want this drama in my life. He's been very cruel to me during the break up and dont want him in my life. Also his current gf knows about us, so I cant understand why she would be comfortable seeing me.

What the hell is going on in his mind? Why would he bring his gf to the place his ex bf works at. All this a little over a month after the break up. I was shocked and a bit hurt, but after thinking about it I'm laughing right now. Deep down I'm starting to view him as a joke. But still pretty damn cruel to show up and flaunt your new relationship to your ex whom you dumped a month ago. Any advice? Any ideas why he would do this.

I've nothing really sensible to offer, but he doesn't seem to see it as a problem and clearly doesn't care enough about you to consider the emotional chaos he is causing. The cynic in me suspects the gf may be curious, but it's possible he genuinely hasn't a clue which way to turn and is reaching out to clutch at straws in his confusion.

You still have to do what's best for you and bravo for your decision to be professional if he turns up at work.

He lacks empathy and if I can be frank he sounds a tad sadistic... Based on what you have said so far....something is amiss with this guy.....

What if he still loves you?
People do make mistake in life. If I were you I would give him a second chance.

you're a pretty smart man. you've done basically what needs to be done. all that's left is just to stay as real as you already are.

posterpicture Wrote:What if he still loves you?
People do make mistake in life. If I were you I would give him a second chance.

Yeah people make mistakes in life, and yes some do deserve a second chance. But not after all he's done. He lied, cheated and literally bailed on me. Didn't have the courage to tell me the truth. He was very cruel to me the first two weeks of the break up. He also reached out to hook up with me while he's still with this girl. WTF!! Oh, hell no I'm not giving him a second chance. Not even to be friends.

If you really, really love someone you're not cruel to them. I still have feeling for him and even if he came back I would say no. It would hurt, but I would be avoiding a disaster. He needs to work on himself a lot. Who knows maybe a few years down the line we might be friends, but in order for that to happen he needs really to grow up and do a lot of work on himself. I seriously doubt that would happen.

In the end all I want is to be left alone.