Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experience with gonorrhea
OP,you talk to your fiance this way:

"Fiance, man up and tell me what happened." No hesitation. No beating around the bush. If you are going to be married you had better learn how to do this.

All these questions that are medical should go straight to the doctor's ear, not the internet. This is serious stuff and needs to be handled directly. Write the questions down, discuss it with the fiance to see if there are any more you should bring up and get to the doctor.

I do not mean to sound harsh but I have learned, big time, over the years that medicine is not to be be hesitated over. Just do it. I found out I had cancer when I did not feel right and went to the doctor. Period. A couple of appointments later the doctor brought in a medical student and said to him, "This man diagnosed his own cancer. I want you to find out how." Then he left me to the student." Learning self awareness can be a great thing, especially when you know where to go with what you have found out.
I bid NO Trump!

If he got it a while ago when he was raped, he would have tested positive before. And also, he most likely would have passed it on to you before this, and you probably would have had symptoms.

I don't know. No one knows the truth of it but your fiance. I imagine he's scared to death to own up to whatever happened. Afraid that you might leave him, maybe. But this isn't like a stray kiss at a drunken party. It's serious. This is your health we're talking about. You need to know that drunk or sober, he isn't going to put you at risk.

It will probably be hard to break through his defensiveness right now, maybe if you just approach him with no blame or recriminations......just the need to talk because you need to understand.

I hope it all works out.

Anonymous Wrote:So, how long does it take from when you get the virus, before you can pass it on to someone else?

Gonorrhea is a bacterial disease, not a viral one. No incubation period, no limited span of infectivity. If it's there, you will get it and if your immune system can't handle the initial population, it will spread and you'll get symptoms.

Go get checked now, you'll probably be given antibiotics and all will be over before you know it.

And then have a long conversation with this dude, cause he seems to be acting fairly irresponsibly.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

One more questions, I got blood drawn and gave a urine sample, would that catch it if it was just oral in my system?

I'll be asking the dr/nurse when the results come back, but I was curious about that.

Urine is a sterile fluid under normal conditions. If the infection is located in that area, urine would be a good sample. From oral transmition, though, the proper fluid to test is saliva, I reckon.

If there was bacteria in your blood and you hadn't received treatment for that, you'd be dead by now. Just saying. Although it would probably be useful for antibody testing, but I am under the impression that current tests monitor gonorrhea-specific DNA/RNA sequences via PCR .
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I tested negative!!!

Thanks for all the information...

Good to hear mate.