Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experience with gonorrhea
So, how long does it take from when you get the virus, before you can pass it on to someone else?

My fiance got a positive test for gonorrhea, received the results last Thursday from a test the week before. Trying to determine the timing of when he might have gotten it. I am currently awaiting my test results from Friday. Tested clean for everything so far, but test for gonorrhea takes longer.

He started having symptoms last tuesday. We had sex the Sunday morning before that. Protected anal, unprotected oral.

I haven't been with anyone else in over a year.

He says he hasn't been either. However, he was blackout drunk the night of his birthday and doesn't even remember a few of the places we went to. So, I consider it a possibility he received a birthday BJ from someone at one of those places. That was about a week before he started showing symptoms, which he thought was just a UTI.

He had also been out the night before we had sex, and who knows what might have occurred then.

Also, anyone know if there are non-sexual ways of contracting it? We both smoke pot, and wondering if passing a bowl around with an infected person could have done it.

Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease and can't be spread any other way. Only through vaginal, anal or oral sex.

A person becomes contagious as soon as they contract Gonorrhea and remain contagious until it's treated.

Symptoms typically appear 2 - 7 days after infection, but may take up to 30 days to appear.

ugghhh......

Easily treatable if you get treated straight away. Otherswise you go totally mad and you dick drops off lol.

Be careful next time.

If your in the UK just ring the sexual health clinic and make an appointment.

I get tested every time I finish with a guy.

Anonymous Wrote:ugghhh......

Sorry, but I figured you wanted the facts. As [MENTION=18789]artyboy[/MENTION] says, it can be easily treated. He's also right that, left untreated, it can be serious. Lol your dick may not fall off (though you may wish it would) , but in men, untreated gonorrhea can cause a painful condition in the tubes attached to the testicles, and some other nasty shit as well. Not trying to scare you, I think we just want to be sure that you get treatment right away..

I realize that there are a lot of issues here, emotional as well as physical. I'm sorry that you're having to deal with all of this..

Already waiting on the test results...

I'm guessing I have it since my pee hole is a bit tingly/itchy, though not quite burning.

Doctor will patch me up.

Not sure how to politely tell my fiance to man up and tell me what happened. Like I said, unless he had sexual contact while he was blackout drunk he ought to be able to figure it out.

Gemini Wrote:Sorry, but I figured you wanted the facts. As [MENTION=18789]artyboy[/MENTION] says, it can be easily treated. He's also right that, left untreated, it can be serious. Lol your dick may not fall off (though you may wish it would) , but in men, untreated gonorrhea can cause a painful condition in the tubes attached to the testicles, and some other nasty shit as well. Not trying to scare you, I think we just want to be sure that you get treatment right away..

I realize that there are a lot of issues here, emotional as well as physical. I'm sorry that you're having to deal with all of this..

I was actually joking and being serious at the same time fella lol Wink

On a serious note it does need to be treated as soon as possible.

Anonymous Wrote:Already waiting on the test results...

I'm guessing I have it since my pee hole is a bit tingly/itchy, though not quite burning.

Doctor will patch me up.

Not sure how to politely tell my fiance to man up and tell me what happened. Like I said, unless he had sexual contact while he was blackout drunk he ought to be able to figure it out.

I think it is possible to get it from kissing too.

http://www.sfcityclinic.org/drk/stdprevention37.asp

Quote:Although you can be infected with gonorrhea in the throat, kissing is not a very effective way to pass it on to someone else. Oral sex and unprotected intercourse are the primary ways gonorrhea is transmitted. If you did get gonorrhea from your partner, he was most likely unaware that he even had it, as most throat cases are asymptomatic.

Not very comforting... Not very effective is not the same as can't get it from kissing someone who's infected...

http://www.cdc.gov/std/gonorrhea/stdfact...tailed.htm

Quote:Many men with gonorrhea are asymptomatic

Could it be possible he had it for a while, and they only caught it because he actually had a UTI and went in to get tested?

He was raped earlier this year, so it is another possible source. However, he did test negative rather recently for STI's. OF course, no test is perfect, and can give some number of false negatives and positives.

Anonymous Wrote:http://www.sfcityclinic.org/drk/stdprevention37.asp

Not very comforting... Not very effective is not the same as can't get it from kissing someone who's infected...

http://www.cdc.gov/std/gonorrhea/stdfact...tailed.htm

Could it be possible he had it for a while, and they only caught it because he actually had a UTI and went in to get tested?

He was raped earlier this year, so it is another possible source. However, he did test negative rather recently for STI's. OF course, no test is perfect, and can give some number of false negatives and positives.

Well I remember a kid at school who had it, so guess it's something that could be picked up say from sharing a cup of drink but it's unlikely..