Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experiencing snow for the first time
This might bring a smile to your face:

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda...gn=science
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Ok, I only see snow on the mountains but I probably wouldn't react like that. It's still just frozen water, crystallized in pretty patterns.

Now GIVE IT!!!! SEND THE SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW HERE!!!
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:Ok, I only see snow on the mountains but I probably wouldn't react like that. It's still just frozen water, crystallized in pretty patterns.

you can have all the snow on continental Europe for all i care. i fucking hate snow.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Insertnamehere Wrote:Ok, I only see snow on the mountains but I probably wouldn't react like that. It's still just frozen water, crystallized in pretty patterns.

so says the guy who doesn't drive.

when I want snow, most of the time, I just drive up to the mountain and it stays there!!!!!!

I freaking loathe driving in snow and when it can turn into ice. no sliding no spinning...thank you very much

trywait Wrote:so says the guy who doesn't drive.

when I want snow, most of the time, I just drive up to the mountain and it stays there!!!!!!

I freaking loathe driving in snow and when it can turn into ice. no sliding no spinning...thank you very much

2 words for you: Public transport.

Who needs cars?

Public transport? Ha!

Along with six blocks worth of walking it would take me at least three hours to go to the grocery and back. Long ago, when I lived near Boston, it was different and much better, but around here they never got the memo.

And by the way, with all the snow today what few buses there are are not running anywhere near on schedule.

Not that really big cities have it any better. New York is closed.
I bid NO Trump!

The first time I've ever experienced snow was back in the 2013 when I was in Seoul. But then, the snow was more like dust than cotton, so I hardly consider that as a "genuine" first snow experience.

[MENTION=23097]Insertnamehere[/MENTION] Unless you live in Japan or HK or other big cities with a good network of public transportation like Melbourne (those trams pretty much cover almost every road there, unlike the trains), meh. I would've missed my bus back home if I took the train instead of getting my friend driving me.

LJay Wrote:Public transport? Ha!

Along with six blocks worth of walking it would take me at least three hours to go to the grocery and back. Long ago, when I lived near Boston, it was different and much better, but around here they never got the memo.

And by the way, with all the snow today what few buses there are are not running anywhere near on schedule.

Not that really big cities have it any better. New York is closed.

Naturally different places mean different realities, although nothing can be too difficult with enough planning. If there was a blizzard coming it was well within common sense to get supplies beforehand, so why a trip to the grocery would be in order now?

But, my post being directed to a more or less urban dweller, it must be taken into proper context.

I don't live in the goonies, although this is hardly a "major" city, so I can get pretty much everything I need near me.

Transport is good within it, well connected to the capital and to other cities of the region, it doesn't go to hell lets say when there's a frontal system crossing these parts (although the last one did kinda swallow the train tracks under the waves for a moment there). Things obviously are less than ideal in rural dwellings.

AlfredM Wrote:[MENTION=23097]Insertnamehere[/MENTION] Unless you live in Japan or HK or other big cities with a good network of public transportation like Melbourne (those trams pretty much cover almost every road there, unlike the trains), meh. I would've missed my bus back home if I took the train instead of getting my friend driving me.

Yes I have missed busses over late trains and missed trains over late busses and gotten late for work over train malfunctions.

*shrugs* shit happens, man