Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experimenting
I just got out of a relationship with a man a few days ago because it didn't feel right. I had a good long talk with my counselor about the possibility of me being gay. Whether I was born this way or life circumstances shaped me, I am who I am. And that means finding women very attractive.

I've had a few long distance girlfriends, but I don't want to do that anymore. It costs too much to meet up (I spent hundreds of dollars and 2 1/2 days on buses to meet my last girl friend). I want to find someone local, so I made an OKCupid page that says I'm gay. If I figured out I don't like doing sexual stuff with men, how will I know how I feel when it comes to women? I'd like to experiment to gain more experience and see if this really is who I am. But is it too soon after breaking up with my bf? I said I wanted to go through a period of waiting, but my excitement for the sexuality I've uncovered in myself makes me want to get out there and do my thing.

What do you guys think? Smile

the title of the thread answers your question my friend.Experiment....find yourself.
Dont settle down untill you know its what you truly want.
Get yourself a couple of "friends with benefits" if you want to experiment sexually aswell as relationship wise.
BUT make sure your safe if you do ;+)

Good luck and enjoy life.

Hello there,
Coming to terms with the reality of finding yourself can be a tricky situation and its never an easy one.. I endured it in my teens instead of adulthood so it was a little easy and the only thing you can do is be yourself show your happiness and dont worry about things maybe find someone to have some fun with and try experiementing because one night stands mean nothing but experience

So what is it you are looking for in a woman? Just sex? Or are you seeking a relationship?

If you are seeking a relationship, I hold with the 6 month rule - wait at least 6 months after ending a relationship before seeking/getting into another relationship. This tends to resolve a lot of those issues which lead to the rebound relationship which in my mind is always a huge mistake.

If you are looking for just sex, well that is a different story. I personally don't do casual sex - it doesn't work for me (I tried, twice).

However I think a measure of honesty should be there, 'bi-curious' instead of lesbian/gay woman should be part of that ad and you should be honest about looking for just sex.

Most women who are placing/answering an ad are searching for a relationship. you need to make it very clear what it is you are looking for if it is 'just sex'. Or you may accidentally break a few hearts.

In this spot is the public service announcement about practicing safe sex.

Lesbian/Bi-Woman safe sex is covered here: http://www.avert.org/lesbians-safe-sex.htm I would suggest Googling for more data if you are unaware of how to do it safely.

Don't worry, I'm not in it for just sex. That's never been my style. I want to experiment with being in a relationship with a woman to compare to what its like being with a man. Its been a few years since I had a gf.

6 months? That's a long time. But maybe it is for the best. I will give this some serious consideration.

I don't want to break any more hearts.