Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Explanations'
So this is pretty much just about the dance you do when you meet someone new. The, "Oh hi. Yeah, I'm from the Valley. I work at so and so... blah blah blah." Normally for me that includes my big family (four younger sisters and my niece) and the fact that I'm gay.

And for some reason almost everyone says, "Oh. Well that explains it then."

Kinda annoys me a bit. Growing up with sisters certainly didn't 'turn me gay.' I almost never say anything because a) why start a fire with someone I just met, I'll tell them when I know them more, and b) even if they do think that way, its not that big of a deal for me. They're lgbt supportive so why bother making a mess. I really don't care enough about what other people think to make this a problem. Its just a little annoying when it happens.

Anybody ever get this? You tell someone your sexuality and they are just so intent on finding the reason you like the gender(s) you do.

ugh, that can be annoying. that's one of the reasons why I will be very picky with who I come out to, I don't want to get into arguments on how its not a choice or a result from doing to much cooking and cleaning.

I get the absent father thing every now and again, but not often enough to bother. The normal reaction when I tell people I am gay is 'No fucking way.'

Not often, but it has happened. Normally I just roll my eyes and shrug it off with maybe a 50/50 chance of pointing out why that's unlikely. The only one that really makes me angry is when someone asks something really inappropriate like if I'd been sexually abused by my dad or some such (I think I've been asked 3x, not counting the internet).

Otherwise I'm more annoyed by guys who think they can turn me straight by sleeping with me (though I usually get them back by saying I know a guy who can turn them gay if they'd just give his magic dick a chance so they can share my annoyance and exasperation over the absurd idea that sticking a penis in someone can change someone's sexual orientation, no matter how skillfully done).

I've had the absent father bit thrown my way as well, as well as being asked if a bad experience with a woman turned me gay.

I just laugh it off and do my best to educate them. Its not something that particularly annoys me.

Sometimes I hear it from other relatives. I'd hear, "Oh you let your son play with those things, so that's probably why he turned out the way he did." or "Oh your son is into artsy stuff.. That explains it.." Something along those lines.

It is annoying. As if a toy or an activity I did as a kid made me gay, lol Rolleyes

brybry87 Wrote:. . . "Oh your son is into artsy stuff.. That explains it.."

If that was the case, David Hockney would be gay.

No, wait . . . :redface:

I have never had that experience and when I honestly have come out to people they think that I am full of shit and they would have never guessed which is just hilarious to tell you the truth. I mean are there some gay guys that you can just tell are gay and straight folks have gaydar that works? Cause mine has never worked and its just funny how they think I will be attracted to them. I have yet to meet someone that has figured out a reason why I am gay, I just think that they know better and don't have the balls to pick and point out why I am this way.

On top of explanations to why I am gay, I also get the " you are/ were so messed up and depressed because you a gay and grew up overseas" thing.