Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Wozniak on the Early Days of Apple
I'm not really an Apple fan but if I were growing up in the 70's I probably would be. I mean they were the cutting edge and Steve Wozniak, clearly the brains behind Apple's success (or let's just say he definitely did his part). The thing about Woz is just the way he comes off, seems like a very pleasant guy, very passionate.

"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Wozniak was the brains behind the hardware. Jobs was the "genius" who took the leap to bring it to market.

The first computer I worked on was an Apple II, though we didn't do much with it. Was an after school club sorta thing IIRC. Didn't start real programming until I was in college, and that was on a mainframe w/ CRT's or Teletype. Towards the middle/end of my freshman year we did receive a bunch of BRAND NEW IBM PC's.

They were looking for student assistants to help run the computer lab, so I signed up. Learned dBase II, Lotus 1-2-3, and WordPerfect in very short time, and ended up making pizza/beer money tutoring students on the side.

I really like Woz's enthusiasm on the subject, you can tell he really enjoys talking about it, or so it seems anyway. Not saying you can just walk up to someone like him and go so tell me about the Apple 2. I just think, at least comes off, as a genuinely nice guy.

Unfortunately for me the only time I got to play around with the apple 2 was in elementary school and the teacher has the Macintosh LC lol

Soon it was Mac's everywhere and and wasn't until I moved to NC before I actually used a Windows computer... So I could have easily been a Apple fan boy lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!