Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extreme OCD coming on
I've spent time in Arkansas and it is definitely the South! Anyone who says otherwise has either never been there, or lives there and is in denial of their own southerliness.

Rest easy, Johnny. You are leaving the Midwest for the South.

is it because people confuse it with arizona? I know arkansas is undoubyedly southern but Arizona is southwestern.

ardus Wrote:Oh man Am I going to get it.

I think asking for help outside of a professional environment is good. I think that it can give you a sense of power over the problem that can't be found from professional intervention.

When I was in ASAP, the Army Substsance Abuse Program, i found that the traditional model of recovery SUCKS.

It assumes you can never get better.

Why would you assume that?

Richard

That sounds alot like alcoholics anonymous from what Ive heard. Ive never had to participate in the program thankfully but Ive heard they feel like once youre an alcoholic youre always an alcoholic. At least for me and my addictions I control them better when Im able to partake in a socially acceptable amount of said "addiction" and still remain in control of myself. Cutting myself off completely only intensifies the craving and makes it worse until I do finally "break". I then overcompensate by indulging in more than I would if I had just had a small amount because I justify it by telling myself that Ive already been denying myself said addiction. All people are different and I just know what works for me. To say that once youre an alcoholic(or substitute any other addiction really) youre always an alcoholic is technically true but its more so all about how you control it.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:1. Its actually neither or both, depending on how you look at it. The eastern have is more 'southern' in style as in hospitality, etc. And more like the plains states in its north and more southwest in its west.

So yeah, you are going to get different answers, depending on who you talk to. Personally, my experience with Arkansas is that it is hell.

2. Do you have a counselor/therapist? If so, what tools did she/he give you to work through the OCD Anxiety? IF any, are you working those tools?

If you don't have a therapist/counselor - I strongly suggest you get one. A therapist will help you figure out what brings on your OCD habits and will also customize tools to fit your particular OCD behaviors to help defuse them, help reduce and manage the anxiety that it gives you.

If you have a therapist/Counselor ask him/her how to manage the OCD better.

I've been to northern Arkansas 5 times. Trust me, it's still in the South. It's nothing like the plain states at all.

And you just set off my OCD again. Fuck. Now I'm going to spend the whole day worrying about this.

I just want to go to college in the South. I know that Arkansas is in the south, but I don't want to go there unless everyone thinks it's in the south. I know it's dumb but that's how I feel.

Well it was a Confederate state which is usually enough to consider it historically part of the South.

And people, even in the northernmost part of Arkansas, are as southern as pecan pie. But some people, such as Bowyn Aerrow, don't know this. And that drives me CRAZY.

DOES THIS SOUND MIDWESTERN TO YOU?

That's the normal accent in Arkansas.

Take a deep breath guy.

Don't worry what someone else thinks, especially if it's going to put you into a manic state.

Richard

ardus Wrote:Take a deep breath guy.

Don't worry what someone else thinks, especially if it's going to put you into a manic state.

Richard

Much easier said than done. It really bothers me when people spout falsehoods about a state that I feel passionate about. Arkansas is one of the most southern states in the country and I want every single person in this country to know that.