Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extreme Sports - Sky Diving
Ok, this time tomorrow... providing weather is good... I shall be strapped to someone and chucking myself out of a plane travelling at a high altitude, freefalling to 2000ft and pulling a cord that will hopefully open up a parachute that provides me with a slow, if bumpy, landing.

All in the name of fun!! :biggrin:

I'm doing this with a mate... I did try booking myself in much earlier but all the spaces were full... looked on the net today and someone had cancelled and I have nabbed the spot.

Wish me luck!! :eek: :eek:

Good luck ... even if you are barmy :eek:

Hahahaha!This reminds me of the time my friends and I bungee jumped of Bloukrans Bridge (it's the highest bungee jumping site in the world) and it was such mad fun!You scream so loud but you can't even hear yourself,your eyes dry out,your hearts in your throat!Hahaha!Jumping out of a plane is too wild for me though.I don't recommend having a big old supper before!Best of luck wouldlike!

That sounds like a great time.

I am sure it will last in your memory forever.

That's crazy! Ur a better man than me!
That's gunna be so cool!
Just... make sure you jump out of the door that's *behind* the engine, yeah?
:biggrin:

Anyway, yeah. Good on yer!

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Ok, this time tomorrow... providing weather is good... I shall be strapped to someone and chucking myself out of a plane travelling at a high altitude, freefalling to 2000ft and pulling a cord that will hopefully open up a parachute that provides me with a slow, if bumpy, landing.

All in the name of fun!! :biggrin:

I'm doing this with a mate... I did try booking myself in much earlier but all the spaces were full... looked on the net today and someone had cancelled and I have nabbed the spot.

Wish me luck!! :eek: :eek:

Wow when you die can you leave me your bollox... as I'm seeeeriously lacking in that dept. I think most daring I've been is going on rollercoasters at alton towers with that respect :tongue:

My sister's bf did a parachute jump once out of a plane and they gave him a pink parachute Laugh was so funny, we got him on camera with it and everything. Still can't believe he did it but he said it was amazing.

Good luck mikey, wish I could do summat like that! x

Lol !

He did it and he's safe and sound - I'm sure he'll fill us all in on it when he's back :biggrin:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I'm back, safe and sound! lol Didn't have much time when I came back... just updated my facebook and was back out with mates to a Vodka Bar in Beaconsfield... Revolution. Had lots and lots of shots!! Big Grin 17 quid for a tray of 10. Had 3 more shots after that and 2 cocktails that had 3 shots of different things in each too.

Anyway... Sky Dive... AMAZING!!!

Went up on the Tuesday night with my mate. Got lost a lil bit but it wasn't my fault... my mate was doing the directions... and it was dark... in the end I got TomTom out which got us the last few miles... lol.

We stayed in the lil hostel thing there (a few bunk beds - bring your own bedding, toilets and shower was all there was).

Got up about 7, quick shower and change... weather was looking REALLY grim at that time... foggy, cloudy and drizzling.

Registered at 8, and it was starting to clear which was good. Lol at the declaration form... literally signing our lives away as one of the first terms was that we understand the sky dive COULD cause injury or death!! (apparently in the UK there has only been 1 death and it wasn't at that sky dive site.. phew!)

Then had breakie... cereal and chocolate bar.

Had our training instruction at about 10... showed us a vid of a jump, then explained how we'd be strapped to the instructor and what we gotta do as we jump (get pushed) out of the plane at 10-12000 feet, explained the free fall and when the parachute opens... and what would happen should that parachute fail or if the instructor for some reason in unable to open it... there's a reserve parachute which automatically opens if we're still freefalling and we drop below an altitude of 2000 feet.

Then they started calling out names for the order of the jumps... me and my mate were on about the 4th group and we got kitted up at about midday... headed onto the plane... it took off, door still open!! lol They shut it after a while.. it was mainly for camera shots of us leaving the ground... we get photos and DVD. On the way, instructor hooks me onto him, and tightens all the belts. At altitude... door opens, I was to be the first one to jump out as I was nearest the door... I look out... see the ground below and that's when the adrenaline really kicked in!! :eek:
Shuffle to edge of door, I hang my feet out, instructor pushes and down we go... freefall was about 120-130mph for about 30 seconds... the wind rushing past your face, can really feel the chill. After those 30 seconds, the instructor opened the parachute and slowed us down to a mere 25-30mph. As we went down he was doing turns and stuff... and it was really amazing... it was like floating in air and the ground steadily getting closer. Upon landing, I'm told to lift my legs up and we land and slide along the ground coming to a halt... It was fantastic!!!

Pics will go on facebook when they arrive. Will prob upload a couple here too.

Then we went back home... and headed out again in the evening to the Vodka Bar. Big Grin

Cliffs
-Got booted out of a plane at 12000 ft
-Freefall at 120-130mph for about 30 seconds
-Parachute opened, descent rate now 25-30mph.
-Land
-Go home
-Go out to Vodka Bar and get drunk Big Grin

Sorry Smurlos... still alive so my bolox stay intact! lol

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Sorry Smurlos... still alive so my bolox stay intact! lol

LOL! dagnammit!
Sounds like you had a wicked time though - braver than me :biggrin:

WOW! I'm in awe. What a fantastic day it must have been. I would have cut out the vodka bar for myself though. Stick to orange juice and water and be glad to be alive. It's something I've always sorta kinda wanted to do but I never got around to it. Given that I busily HATE rollercoasters, would I mind free falling? I guess somehow I wouldn't hate it as much. It sounds like a great experience to have lived. Well done, you!!! :biggrin: a pat on the back