Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extremely awkward!
Hi!

So i've been around the forums for awhile. Mostly reading posts. I haven't introduced myself on the forums previously which I really don't know why, but I did make a post about some stuff i've been struggling with in my life. Good news for those who read my post I do actually feel much better right now, yet I still don't have the courage to face the one I wanted to (not gonna confuse you people more)

anyways, here is the main topic I wish to speak about today. Ever since grade 8 (now i'm 20 years old) I became friends with lets say his name is Josh. Our relationship have become really really good. Until this day me and josh are very close friends. Imagine this, we never had a fight, nope not a single fight. Our personalities match really well and I pretty much find this really unique as it is the first one i've been in. He went to study abroad two years ago to the United States from Kuwait. Every summer/winter he comes for a visit and we always hang out. Here is the thing. Hes muslim, very deep in his religion and he dated a girl. This boy ever since we were on highschool always made gay jokes, talked about gay stuff, and touched me on very critical places (hips, his face on my shoulder when looking at my phone) and I never took it personally because at that age I never really understood such things ( I barely understood myself ). Recently (last week) he came back for a visit and I couldn't help but wait for him to talk about the stuff he used to talk DESPITE THE FACT that he dated a girl and guess what? he did. He also touched me again on my hip and he always teased me with talk about how good I look and stuff, Its so obvious that hes into me hes probably bisexual, but i'm not into him. I don't want to talk to him about it because I know he will go extremely defensive and feel so offended, he is such a sweetheart but you know no one is perfect right? I'm not bothered by all these things hes doing but i'm just confused.

It's ok to be confused Wink

It sounds like a precious friendship that you both have and I hope that the friendship will continue because it seems to be that you are both going to need each others support.

I hope it all turns out well for you, but don't be afraid of being confused, things have a way of sorting themselves out and I am sure your friendship is strong enough to survive was is ahead for the both of you Wink

Interesting post, as this seems to be the opposite of what most people post on this subject (they're usually the one in your friend's position).

It may seem obvious to you that he is interested in more than friendship, but I wouldn't ever bring it up to him unless he bluntly addresses it with you. It is entirely possible he is just an affectionate guy who really loves you as a friend and these are his ways of expressing that. If and when the time comes where he tells you he wants more, then you can go from there.

olivewreath Wrote:[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]It is not about religion not even his sexuality that matters her but more of your physical appearance.

Regardless of his religion or his sexuality, a Middle Eastern guy like him would still touch anyone if their libido and sexual appetite is sky high. You should be aware of your physical appearance if you want to protect yourself from him. Do you have beards or mustache? If no, chances are you will be likely to be raped by this guy because sometimes they are attracted and inclined to have sex with men who has no beard or mustache more so if he acts, dress or speak in effeminate ways. Lots of Middle Eastern rape guys who has no beard or mustache more than women. Those are the stories of several foreign male workers who have been a rape victim of Middle Eastern guys.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

...WHAT?!

I don't even know how to reply to that...'likely to be raped by this guy?' olivewreath, hunni, did you actually read and understand what Adaptive wrote?

This is an opposite situation to the ones I;ve seen usually posted. You have a guy interested and you're actually rebuffing him. hmm. Well, normally such problems can be solve by simply pointing out all your suitor's flaws and made him feel insignificant. But since we don't want, sigh, to offend him, I guess you could stop making yourself available. Dating a much hotter guy than him should theorethically wither him until he gives up. Just makes sure you are certain that he's into you, that way.

Truth hurts but the truth will set us free Smile