Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eye-Contact
Ok heres a thread about simple eye contact. Yeah it can be awkward, good, sexy or just terrible. I'm currently having a huge bout of eye contact with this guy i have never spoken to, no idea what it could mean but there you go.
Don't you hate that type of eye contact where its someone who you really do not want to see, whether you have had an argument or hate eachother.

Discus your stories about this great (or terrible) way of communicating! :biggrin:

eye contact can be interesting i usually look out the corner of my eye without meaning to as my bf keeps pointing out to me but hey looking is harnmless lol

kindest regards

zeon x

Alright then.
Being a mother I can say with complete certainty , that eye contact is a mothers best tool and isvital for keeping the ferals in line.
Both my sons know exactly what every look means and the consequences associated with that look.
As I am not one for corporal punishment , "The look" still has the bluff factor working for it
I taught both my boys to always look people straight in the eye as a sign of respect for that person and confidence on their behalf.
If you ask either of my boys what is the one thing they never want to see in my eyes they will both tell you it's pain .

Eye contact in my opinion is one of the single most important forms of non verbal forms of communication. Every emotion can be express with the eyes and along with body language you can pretty read a person without talking

---
I am here:

I make others uneasy when I look them in the eye. I have been told that I have a tendency to look 'too deep'. People tell my partner that it felt like I just saw their soul. And to a certain degree, I did exactly that. Few people say anything to me directly, so I went a very long time in life not knowing that my eye contact is 'too intense'.

If I look away from you while you are talking, that pretty much means I am taking what you say at face value. If I am looking into your face while you are talking, I am looking for the 'tells' of what you are really thinking. Don't you dare fib when I am looking at you, I will see that pupil dilate, I will note the tightening around the eyes. I will know.

I assume when people want eye contact with me that they too are looking for the 'tells' of lies, the deeper meaning of what I am or have said. I rarely see 'eye contact' as romantic.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I make others uneasy when I look them in the eye. I have been told that I have a tendency to look 'too deep'. People tell my partner that it felt like I just saw their soul. And to a certain degree, I did exactly that. Few people say anything to me directly, so I went a very long time in life not knowing that my eye contact is 'too intense'.

If I look away from you while you are talking, that pretty much means I am taking what you say at face value. If I am looking into your face while you are talking, I am looking for the 'tells' of what you are really thinking. Don't you dare fib when I am looking at you, I will see that pupil dilate, I will note the tightening around the eyes. I will know.

I assume when people want eye contact with me that they too are looking for the 'tells' of lies, the deeper meaning of what I am or have said. I rarely see 'eye contact' as romantic.

Romantic eye contact...for me, it depends on the chemistry.

It can be very hot, in the same manner of probing for the truth (or lie).
[Excuse the little pun there.]
Smile

But I've also noticed during anonymous sex (hook up) it can be a little disconcerting. One guy actually kept his eyes closed nearly the whole time. Oh yeah, that did WONDERS for my chemistry.

Heh.
Rolleyes

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I make others uneasy when I look them in the eye. I have been told that I have a tendency to look 'too deep'. People tell my partner that it felt like I just saw their soul. And to a certain degree, I did exactly that. Few people say anything to me directly, so I went a very long time in life not knowing that my eye contact is 'too intense'.

Same, I was always taught that when you talk to a person, look them in the eye. I get frustrated when you talk to someone and they look at the ground, the sky, crotch, ground, to the left....it's like they are not interested and wish they were else where and I usually just end the convo.