Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eye contact! (help with dealing with a guy)
Awkwardness to the max. (Sort of a long, melodramatic story)

I think I have a crush on a guy. At first I thought he was weird because he kept staring at me and when I'd stare back he'd look away but then I found myself doing the same thing to him. After talking to him on a classmate level (only about schoolwork, really) and looking at his Facebook page and seeing we have so much in common along with realizing my attraction to him and some minor, accidental (honest!) touching I realized I had a huge crush on him.

The awkward eye-contact still goes on and I'm starting to get frustrated and wonder if he's really gay or not. Should I ask? A friend told me that maybe he knows I'm gay (I'm pretty flamboyant these days) and is afraid of me hence the looking away. I never thought of that and then I remembered I was the same way with an out guy once. What should I do? Ask? Don't ask? I keep messing up by being awkward, like telling him I have something to ask him but chickening out because I remember at the last minute that asking someone about their sexuality is rude and creepy.

How do I befriend him? I'm so nervous and shy around him, I don't think I've ever actually had a crush like this. I'm so socially inept.

I'm reminded everyday that things are different now with the LGBT world than when I first came out...... but IMO, I'd talk to him first. You've seen his Facebook pages where he hopefully shares his interests. Pick a subject that you're mutually interested in and then go from there. After you two are comfortable around each other and the if subject about his sexual orientation hasn't been brought up, then ask. It's been my experience that body language and tone of voice from someone has been a big indicator about that person's mood and attraction. If he interests you.. go for it. Confusedmile:

enjoy it..

Hmmmmm, ask him to go out for a drink or a walk, or just to hang out while you watch a film, or find a game to play together... Don't make it romantic to start out, just friendship should help you to see what's in the cards... If thing are to develop otherwise, they will. Good luck, hon.

Hun, chances are you have a lot going for you. I'm not a total fem, but not butch either. I'm "comfortably gay" I guess, which some people pick up on. He may be envious of your courage to be who you are, which is why he stares. He looks away out of embarrassment and nervousness.
Ask if he wants to cool sometime, OUT of school that is. Go & be you. If he's into you, he'll be comfortable enough to show it when it's just you 2.
If he DOESN'T show it, he may still need time.
If you like him, give him time... And a chance Confusedmile:

I am nearly in this exact same situation at the moment. Except its been going on for about 3 months and have never spoken once, just long glances across a room, and sometimes that one where they immediately look away when you look at them.
If I were you, I would test the waters a bit. Add a smile and generally be friendly. Also, enjoy it! Smile