Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAO Smurlos
What is the literal translation of

A) Leibkuchen (I call them Christmas biscuits and I love them but wondered what the literal translation was - my scatty AS level German suggests 'favourite biscuits'??)

and

B) Fur wenn ihr pferde wahlen konnte (there are dots above some of the vowels but I cant remember where - it appears on the bags of shavings we use for the horses and I have little better to do than wonder what it says.

Danke Schon

Whilst awaiting the official reply from Smurlos (although Albert could also tell you Wink ) have you ever used Google Translate? Hours of fun for all. Your enquiries come out as:

A) Body of cake

B) For if their horses could choose

Of course, Google Translate has got me into trouble from time to time ...

oooooooo, What to translate next - Marshlander you could have further encouraged me away from work and into the realms of playing pointlessly on my computer!!! Not that I need encouraging!!:biggrin:

BiPenny Wrote:What is the literal translation of

A) Leibkuchen (I call them Christmas biscuits and I love them but wondered what the literal translation was - my scatty AS level German suggests 'favourite biscuits'??)

and

B) Für wenn ihr pferde wählen könnten (there are dots above some of the vowels but I cant remember where - it appears on the bags of shavings we use for the horses and I have little better to do than wonder what it says.

Danke Schön

I think it's normally Lebkuchen isn't it? They are types of gingerbiscuits (or spicy ones) Christmas type.
For if your horses could choose

My lil bro will be able to tell you like THAT *snaps his fingers* 'coz he's WELL clever, but I would suggest it might be :-

1) Liebkuchen (from Lieber - to love); and
2) Für wenn ich Pferde wählen konnte (which would mean to ME "... if I could choose horses").

... but as I say, he'll tell you what it means shortly I'm sure ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!