Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FB scenario
Late one night (like 3am) I am on Facebook when an old high school buddy (acquaintance) messages me on chat and tells me to come over. He is married and has a child, and it being 3am I wonder just exactly what "coming over" means. Anyway I eventually signed off. Time passes and again late one night (this time around 4am) he messages me on chat and tells me that we could have fun, and I should come over, and he gives me his number. I just went to bed instead.

Neither of these chats got overtly sexual. But I have to wonder: why?? Part of me wants to think that he was mocking me by inviting me over (ie- if I did head over he would disappear and I'd look stupid), but even if that were the case people would look at him way weirder than they'd look at me. Another part of me thinks that he has been getting drunk (as I do know he drinks quite a bit) and late at night when his inhibitions are somewhat less, he messages me hoping to explore his gay side. This would be disastrous given that he is married and has a child!

I don't plan on acting on it. But I feel pretty bad about the situation. I don't think I should feel bad since I haven't actually done anything. But I do feel bad. What should I do?

Don''t delete the messages. They may come in handy later on.

The guy you're talking about obviously has some serious problems. You have no way of preparing for any next move a creep like that will make. I can think about half dozen scenarios in which he'd be so upset by your rejections that he'd start spreading malicious rumors about you maybe making the first move and him turning you down...

Maybe he's just lonely and wants a friend ??? How do you know he's wanting sex ? To him "having fun" could mean video games, or Ping Pong. I mean, you COULD be right, but has he come right out and said specifically he wants sex with you?

Borg69 Wrote:Maybe he's just lonely and wants a friend ??? How do you know he's wanting sex ? To him "having fun" could mean video games, or Ping Pong. I mean, you COULD be right, but has he come right out and said specifically he wants sex with you?

You know when you know someone, and when they say or do stuff YOU know what it means but to the innocent bystander it could be taken for something else completely out of context? That's really all I could liken it to. I can 100% assure you that ping pong and video games are not on his mind. Keep in mind I don't live next door; I am not the neighbor who "just happens to be awake" when he can't sleep.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more it creeps me out.

Borg69 Wrote:To him "having fun" could mean video games, or Ping Pong.
Nah, he means the Ding Dong.

Iceblink Wrote:Nah, he means the Ding Dong.

Have you been this before too? I'm getting the impression from what a few of you have written is that this is hardly new.

It's so obvious it means sex when it's that late,LOL. Good thing you don't react on his request,you shouldn't do what you don't want,especially since it creeps you out. Some people wouldn't mind to accept such invitation I guess,including me,but I would take it as ONS and nothing more and won't bother to make a move to him. Plus he's "straight",so opportunity like that don't come that often,at least to me. He thought he's taking advantage of me,but I'm the one taking advantage of him in my mind,LOL. :p

hpamire79 Wrote:Have you been this before too? I'm getting the impression from what a few of you have written is that this is hardly new.

You're new here,so I guess you haven't read about a thread where "straight" guys come on to gays and have sex,just a one time thing. Apparently it IS very common.

hpamire79 Wrote:You know when you know someone, and when they say or do stuff YOU know what it means but to the innocent bystander it could be taken for something else completely out of context? That's really all I could liken it to. I can 100% assure you that ping pong and video games are not on his mind. Keep in mind I don't live next door; I am not the neighbor who "just happens to be awake" when he can't sleep.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more it creeps me out.

You said he was an "acquaintance". That's hardly "read his mind" familiarity.

... but anyway... What's the problem? Just tell him you don't sleep with married men, but you do appreciate his friendship and that you hope he understands.

I don't know.. Ignore it or ask him wtf he's doing.