Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook
Why am I so scared of FB. I mean there is a few people on my friends list that don't know I'm gay. I'm always scared of saying the wrong thing all the time. I want to be myself but just cant be.

Ive been out since since 16 but still haven't told my best mate. So I'm scared of him finding out still.

Ok that last line reveals the problem. My dear, tell your friend. Better he hears it from you than another source. It's hard, I know, but it must be done eventually.

How I been out 11 years and haven't told him, where do I start?

hmmmm he knows something is up as we haven't seen each other for a year now, apart talking over the phone and fb. I have a feeling he knows but hes like me scared of hearing it of my mouth.

Ok. I think you should be straightforward. Call him. Tell him. Just be like, "I've known for a while, that I'm gay. You're my best friend, don't let this change anything between us. I've been scared to tell you, please accept me for who I am." and the whole you think he's afraid thing may actually be you. It's just you finding a way out of telling him

The old saying grab the ball by its horns comes to mind ah?

Yes. I truthfully believe you need to be straightforward. I know it's hard. I suffer from the voices in my head yelling at me not to do it (they all belong to people I knew growing up since I was raised Mormon and everything is wrong to those disgusting bigots, including my mother) so believe me when I say it'll be hard but you can do it.

VNight2014 Wrote:Yes. I truthfully believe you need to be straightforward. I know it's hard. I suffer from the voices in my head yelling at me not to do it (they all belong to people I knew growing up since I was raised Mormon and everything is wrong to those disgusting bigots, including my mother) so believe me when I say it'll be hard but you can do it.

I keep saying people instead of saying guys. You know what I mean? IE talking to my dad about dating etc.

I need to stop that really!!

Umm, not to be rude, but can you reword that? I don't understand the first sentence

artyboy Wrote:Ive been out since since 16 but still haven't told my best mate. So I'm scared of him finding out still.

clearly you are not completely out.

once you come completely out that fear goes away... the you only have to fear the rolling gangs of bigots with baseball bats... Oh wait, that doesn't happen that often any more..

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:clearly you are not completely out.

once you come completely out that fear goes away... the you only have to fear the rolling gangs of bigots with baseball bats... Oh wait, that doesn't happen that often any more..

Every time I think about it. It hurts me in my gut the thought of telling him.