Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook Help
FUCK.....I got this new "friend" who I don't even know...I opened a Facebook page for my business but I fucked up and I thought signing up for Facebook using my business name as my first and last name would do the trick...but I found out that it doesn't so I had to start a business page attached to that one...so...OK....

Well...on my personal "business" page....I figured this person was someone who is one of my customers so I said yes because I can't imagine someone not connected with me or the store in any way would want to make me a friend.

Now I am getting fucking right wing news feeds and messages from GOD...and anti Hillary ads from this bitch. I don't know how to stop it....HELP! I can't find any control panels to block it.

Go onto her Facebook page, click where it says Friends, then click "Unfriend", and she should then be gone lol.

Facebook is evil, man

Just wait until they start demanding government ID to verify your information that they -say- they'll delete but will they REALLY?

Twist and I both ended up with our accounts locked because we refused to supply them with information that any hacker can snag to steal your identity....
And facebook is notorious for being hacked

[MENTION=20938]Gideon[/MENTION]...I fucking hate Facebook with a passion and I know that it is a wet dream for the people who are doing consumer profiles ...or selling them...we are the product...

...but my page is strictly business and nothing personal at all...not even my name. I have already gotten great results from their promotion where I pay very little to get them to promote my page to local residents...and that was my sole intention. I also network with other antique pages and local business organizations...

[MENTION=22727]Cridders88[/MENTION].....will she know if I "unfriend her"? The problem is..as a business....I allow no political or religious talk in my store nor will I advertise any on my doors or windows. No one associated with my business as a customer has a clue what I think about politics or religion and I want to keep it that way...so if she knows I unfriended her...will she ask me why?

I have a few of the people who are my customers and friends where I know them well enough to enjoy their feeds...and I am OK with that...but there are a few of them who have too much family stuff and after I wrote this I went back to my problem and found that there is an icon on the top right of my page that has a drop down menu for people I am "following" Thing is...I never knowingly "followed" anyone. I then figured out that anyone I accepted as a friend I automatically agree to follow...so I unfollowed the religious right wing lady and it worked.

Don't assume that she knows you. She could just be adding whomever she can to spread her political propaganda hoping you'll be too polite to unfriend her. IF she says anything, which is highly doubtful, just be honest... you don't want political wars on your business site.

Borg69 Wrote:Don't assume that she knows you. She could just be adding whomever she can to spread her political propaganda hoping you'll be too polite to unfriend her. IF she says anything, which is highly doubtful, just be honest... you don't want political wars on your business site.

Hey borg! Do you know Facebook very well? I want to know because if you do...maybe you could help me figure something out?

I dabble... doubt I'm an expert though. What's up?

Borg69 Wrote:I dabble... doubt I'm an expert though. What's up?

I will send you a PM...

She will likely know, but I wouldn't worry about it too much since you do not know her. From her behavior, you are probably not the first person to unfriend her.

Are these messages to your inbox and posts to your page or are they just posts of hers that are showing up on your newsfeed? If it is just stuff showing up on your feed and you are actually worried about her knowing you unfriended her, just go to her page and unfollow her and you will see a lot less from her. I have fb friends that post almost nothing but games and I have unfollowed them but not unfriended them since they are people I know in real life.

Iceblink Wrote:She will likely know, but I wouldn't worry about it too much since you do not know her. From her behavior, you are probably not the first person to unfriend her.

Are these messages to your inbox and posts to your page or are they just posts of hers that are showing up on your newsfeed? If it is just stuff showing up on your feed and you are actually worried about her knowing you unfriended her, just go to her page and unfollow her and you will see a lot less from her. I have fb friends that post almost nothing but games and I have unfollowed them but not unfriended them since they are people I know in real life.

I was getting them as part of my newsfeed. Hell...I don't even want liberal news...nothing political or religious...so I had a fit. Thankfully I found the "unfollow" tab under friends icon but honestly..I did not know that agreeing to friendship was an agreement to follow anyone.

Borg helped me figure out most of it now but I sent him both links and the link with my store which is actually a designated business page worked...and that page is attached as a secondary page to my personal page which was supposed to be a business page..but that link only sent him back to his own facebook page and showed nothing...'

Since then..on my "personal page"...I have discovered two personal pages...YIKES. One shows the feeds from my friends and the other people I follow. The other shows just the things I have posted. I don't know how I end up on one for the other...and can other people see one or the other..or both?

Anyway...I did the friend thing and so I am hoping now it shows up and I wonder if one directs you to the other. I wanted to only have a business page but didn't know how to go about it without signing up for a personal one...and I called my personal page the same name as my business...

I just want to know how to make sure the traffic goes to my business page ....arrgghhhhhh.....so confusing...

Do you know how any of that works [MENTION=20912]Iceblink[/MENTION]?