Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook Help
If your personal page is not your real name and Facebook figures it out, they will eventually delete it. Despite what Facebook has said, some drag queens have had to change to their real name. My friend is using his stage name, though, and has gotten away with it for a very long time. It is just the luck of the draw, or somebody reporting you not using a real name that would lead it to being deleted.

On your personal page, yes your fb friends can go to your page and see what you have posted. So can anyone on Facebook if you have it set to public. If you do not want them to see certain posts you can either delete it our change the settings on individual posts so only you can see it. There is actually not two personal pages. One you page you are seeing is your newsfeed (posts from friends and pages you follow) and the other is your timeline (things you have posted). You can change the privacy settings so only friends can see your posts, the entire world can see your posts, or so only you can see them. This last option, however, would be kind of pointless for having a Facebook page because it is a social website.

Iceblink Wrote:If your personal page is not your real name and Facebook figures it out, they will eventually delete it. Despite what Facebook has said, some drag queens have had to change to their real name. My friend is using his stage name, though, and has gotten away with it for a very long time. It is just the luck of the draw, or somebody reporting you not using a real name that would lead it to being deleted.

On your personal page, yes your fb friends can go to your page and see what you have posted. So can anyone on Facebook if you have it set to public. If you do not want them to see certain posts you can either delete it our change the settings on individual posts so only you can see it. There is actually not two personal pages. One you page you are seeing is your newsfeed (posts from friends and pages you follow) and the other is your timeline (things you have posted). You can change the privacy settings so only friends can see your posts, the entire world can see your posts, or so only you can see them. This last option, however, would be kind of pointless for having a Facebook page because it is a social website.

Ahhhh....good news (I think).....

So..facebook sent me a notice telling me that I have another page which is similar and do they want me to merge the two? Uh...I want to keep my business page and get rid of the personal one...but I am afraid it might be the other way around...

Also...the link to my personal page just took Borg back to his own...but then I asked him to be a friend and so I wonder now if it will appear?

Also..can a business page have friends?

(Sorry...so many questions...THANK YOU for your help!)

On a business page people "like" the page and then they are following it. It is not really friends because they do not first have to get you to accept their like, they just click "like." If someone is causing problems, you can block them but you have to do that individually for each person you would want to block from the page. If you get a page that gets thousands of likes, it would be very tedious. With a business page or cause/political page, you sometimes just have to accept there are people who liked your page that you do not want to be following it, so blocking is probably just something you want to do for actual troublemakers.

Iceblink Wrote:On a business page people "like" the page and then they are following it. It is not really friends because they do not first have to get you to accept their like, they just click "like." If someone is causing problems, you can block them but you have to do that individually for each person you would want to block from the page. If you get a page that gets thousands of likes, it would be very tedious. With a business page or cause/political page, you sometimes just have to accept there are people who liked your page that you do not want to be following it, so blocking is probably just something you want to do for actual troublemakers.

Thanks Ice!!! I don't think that anyone who follows would be a problem as it is a public place and so far I haven't seen any newsfeed on the business page yet....

East Wrote:[MENTION=20938]Gideon[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22727]Cridders88[/MENTION].....will she know if I "unfriend her"? The problem is..as a business....I allow no political or religious talk in my store nor will I advertise any on my doors or windows. No one associated with my business as a customer has a clue what I think about politics or religion and I want to keep it that way...so if she knows I unfriended her...will she ask me why?

I have a few of the people who are my customers and friends where I know them well enough to enjoy their feeds...and I am OK with that...but there are a few of them who have too much family stuff and after I wrote this I went back to my problem and found that there is an icon on the top right of my page that has a drop down menu for people I am "following" Thing is...I never knowingly "followed" anyone. I then figured out that anyone I accepted as a friend I automatically agree to follow...so I unfollowed the religious right wing lady and it worked.

Yep, the other option is to unfollow, she won't know you have unfollowed her which is the beauty of that option Smile. Glad you are getting your head around it all now Smile

East Wrote:FUCK.....I got this new "friend" who I don't even know...I opened a Facebook page for my business but I fucked up and I thought signing up for Facebook using my business name as my first and last name would do the trick...but I found out that it doesn't so I had to start a business page attached to that one...so...OK....

Well...on my personal "business" page....I figured this person was someone who is one of my customers so I said yes because I can't imagine someone not connected with me or the store in any way would want to make me a friend.

Now I am getting fucking right wing news feeds and messages from GOD...and anti Hillary ads from this bitch. I don't know how to stop it....HELP! I can't find any control panels to block it.

In the upper right hand corner of this persons posts you should see a symbol, it looks like a V,
click on that and yoy have the option of not following this person, but remaining friends.