Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failure to protect
conechvn Wrote:The guy was in college. It is hard for parents to protect their grown up kid when they are far from their reach. I learned it from my own experience.

that's nitpicking ... in this case ... you are right ... and the other cases ? I do not mean this case alone ... but i think .. If a kid know that the parents are on the side in every possibilities and cases ... as first calls or went home and search for help at home. I don´t know .. maybe I´m wrong ... but when I remind me in this age... I could go home to talk about problems...and I found advice and help I needed.
Sure you can´t watch every step or thought a kid does or have... but thats not the question.
But I never was a shy or silent person... and before I cry the other has a bloody nose...so I can´t imagine what a shy or silent person does.

But I think I´m to angry and so sad about this cases to discuss this cases today...

marshlander Wrote:Of course you are right, fenris, that parents are responsible for the safety of their children, but I agree with eastofeden that most of the trouble can be traced back to religion. It is religion that ultimately offers those so inclined the excuses they seek to rationalise bad parenting. Religious influence runs very deep. I have experienced this at first hand. It splits families, it makes people feel there is such a thing as a "higher law" than the law of the land and it gives politicians and other influential spokespersons ammunition for their prejudices.

When people like the Archbishop of Canterbury suggest that Sharia Law could be introduced "alongside" UK law he should be opposed at every turn. The only safe and fair laws for all are those developed in a secular context ... and this includes maintaining the freedom for people to believe in whatever deity or none that they choose.

sure you both... marshlander and eastofeden are right ... no question.
You know ... I´m a religious person... but if my religion would dictate me.. that I have to harm someone.. and maybe my own kid... I have to think very fast if I have the wrong religion.
That reminds me on the movies "Prayers for bobby" ....
“Before you echo Amen in your home or place of worship, think and remember. A child is listening.”
– Mary Griffith

There is no religion that teach people to harm other people. Human turn religion into a weapon and feet it with hatred to hurt other people. I am a Buddhist for all of my life, I believe in harmony and peace and I respect other religion a lot. However, when I first came to the US, I did not quite understand why many people hesitated with me when talking about their Christianity. Now, I know why. It 's because they have doubt in their own religion and mistake it as a weapon to destroy other beliefs.

conechvn Wrote:There is no religion that teach people to harm other people. Human turn religion into a weapon and feet it with hatred to hurt other people. I am a Buddhist for all of my life, I believe in harmony and peace and I respect other religion a lot. However, when I first came to the US, I did not quite understand why many people hesitated with me when talking about their Christianity. Now, I know why. It 's because they have doubt in their own religion and mistake it as a weapon to destroy other beliefs.

You´re definitely right Confusedmile:

Lets talk about some day ... very interesting for me to talk about

yes ... and that is what I mean .. they are so strong in their believing that they - maybe - not notice that they harm someone ... and that the way of this religion is not longer a way of peace and mercy .. its a way of mistrust and violence

and now I have to beg for pardon to my goddess because I have judged another religion... its not my day.... :frown:

Oh dear, you have not judged any religion. The Christians who are who make Christianity" is not longer a way of peace and mercy" is not really Christians. Neither God, Jesus nor Holy Spirit tough them that way. They just fool themselves that they are.

In a 2009 survey of more than 7,000 American LGBT middle and high school students by Presgraves’ Education Network, 84.6 percent said they were verbally harassed, 40.1 percent physically harassed, and 18.8 percent physically assaulted at school in the past year because of their sexual orientation.

When is this going to stop, why are we allowing this to happen?

When it comes to bias-based bullying you have to name the problem to make an impact,” Presgraves says, but currently only 10 states have such comprehensive antibullying laws. By contrast, a number of states and districts have policies against educators discussing sexual orientation in the classroom, he says, which sends an unclear message about what teachers should do when they witness antigay bullying.

The Federal government needs to act and pass an antibullying law, which every state is required by law to enforce. Also the Federal government needs to amend any laws which prohibits the dicussion of sexual orientation in the classroom. Only by introducing Federal laws will make sure that every student in any state has the same protection by law.

There are some interesting points I have been reading at this TV site I go to on their debate board...not sure if you can read these or not but worth the read if you can...

UBB Message - Zap2it Forums: Talk About TV, Movies and More

eastofeden Wrote:...not sure if you can read these or not but worth the read if you can...

Access denied.

marshlander Wrote:Access denied.

Ooops...I wasn't sure as I have been a member for so many years there but I know if I am not signed in I can't see the debate board...if you want to read it I can send you my username and password :biggrin: (same username actually)

My heart is wrecked, torn to pieces. I cannot find the words to express just how much it hurts to read those lines up there. Rest In Peace, all of you.

I don't know what to say. I am on the verge of crying. I try my best to shhow my support to all LGBT teens out there; I demostrate my love for gays more openly than I probably should. I will be going to gay prides, I will be tlking to anybody in need. But what else can I do to prevent all those teens out there from being harrassed and treated like shit? (this is a serious question) *sigh* my whole being is enveloped by pain.