Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Falling inlove online?
marshlander Wrote:Yes, yes, perhaps and yes.

PA and I met through a discussion forum a bit like this one and wrote to each other for months as penfriends before we spoke on the phone and eventually met. I think he fell for me early on, but it took me longer to trust my feelings, his feelings and then learn to love him.

I have considered moving to France, but I enjoy the work I do in England, quite a lot of which is not available in France. Our arrangement is that I block out the second week of each month to be with him as well as longer periods when paid work is either not forthcoming or unlikely. I think we have to work harder at keeping the relationship alive, but it feels like we've enjoyed a six-year honeymoon ... although PA would probably tell you it was nearer seven Wink

Yes I say SEVEN!!!! hehehe. I never seemed to doubt that what we had was special... And indeed Marshlander is very SPECIAL (to me in any case).

i juts call him princealberto cheekymonky

I met my boyfriend on-line (dating site) we have recently celebrated our 2nd anniversary and are very happy together. I have to say that although I was very interested in him from our on-line correspondence I only fell in love with him when I actually met him in person.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

you can definitely fall in love with someone online and then when u start to talk on the phone you will love them and maybe develop feelings toward them. The thing that gets to be tricky is if u are gonna be able to meet them or not cause then thats when things can downfall.

Mf1611 Wrote:you can definitely fall in love with someone online and then when u start to talk on the phone you will love them and maybe develop feelings toward them. The thing that gets to be tricky is if u are gonna be able to meet them or not cause then thats when things can downfall.
Or get better ...?

Still not convinced that one can fall in love with the actual person online. All that we have to go on is our own idea of what the person is like until we meet them in the flesh. Even then we may only be marginally better informed Wink ... Have I just defeated my own argument? Rolleyes

marshlander Wrote:Still not convinced that one can fall in love with the actual person online. All that we have to go on is our own idea of what the person is like until we meet them in the flesh. Even then we may only be marginally better informed Wink ... Have I just defeated my own argument? Rolleyes

Perhaps the secret of a successful relationship is never to really get to know one another and each remain in love with who they think the other really is? Rolleyes
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Yes, I have fallen for somebody online. We talked for a year and then went to phone conversations, then he came to visit twice. He was my first (and best) experience, unfortunately he moved farther away and we have since lost contact. But I wouldnt move long distances, and only after an extended time knowing said person would I 'fall for' them.

Edit: This might seem harsh, but for practicality, I wouldnt really pursue anything with somebody living out of state (Louisiana is small enough), with the cost of gas or other travel, it would be just too far away.

i believe what everybody means here is you can fall in love with someone online but eventually you would have phone conversations and maybe meet each other i don't think it would work just online to be in love

Yea i beleive you can fall in love. been on the internet a while now and have met a lot of great people. And well sharing stories is the always fun Smile

I my self have fealt like i am in love, infact i could say it now but i know its not true love =/ maybe one day it could be the real thing, but for now i wont judge everything off the internet.

But i know a man that met his wife on an online game and was happily married for 30 years. I'm not sure how it ended as he never really said.

my adivce is when your ready and if there ready perhaps have the talk about meeting up and see if it all works out Smile

like Albabonzai says earlier in the thread - we met here, we talked, we enjoyed wot the other had to say, we wanted to meet, it was love at first sight for me............i hope others get this chance for happiness, i met someone who completes me,, rare i know but it can happen Smile it did to me