Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family Day.
I realize that there aren't too many Canadians on here, but I just wanted to say that I think the new Family Day holiday is pointless.

Namely, federally run businesses are not affected by the holiday, which means there are several people who don't get the day off because they already get 9 paid holidays.

The reason I say this is because where I work, there are several employees that aren't sure what to do with there kids today since they will be at work, and the children will be home. They are stressed out because they need to find a sitter, though because they are working at a federally run business they have to work, and they are not earning time and a half. I think thats unfair for them since they will have to pay for someone to watch their children, while they have to work a normal shift with no extra pay for the holiday that has put them in the predicament.

It doesn't affect me personally, but I feel bad for those people.

Phew, I'm done my little rant :redface:

For anyone else living in Ontario who can actually celebrate this new holiday, I wish you a Happy Family Day.

(To those who have no clue whats going on, the province of Ontario just had an election not too long ago and finally elected in a Liberal majority government in the legislature. The premier declared after his victory that the 3rd Monday in February would be a new holiday called Family Day, but it only affects the people in Ontario. Federally owned and run businesses are not affected at all by the holiday.)

i find that queer beyond all reason :biggrin: