Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family Troubles
I found out that my uncle has cheated on my auntie again. He's got his bit on the side pregnant. This is the second time he's done this, he's got a 12 year old son from when he cheated before. My mum is in bits she loves her little sister. My other aunties are on the warpath. We are a close family we stick together.

I am not sure what advice to give my auntie. Have any off you guys got any advice?
An eye for an eye

Unfortunately castration is illegal... Though it is my humble opinion that this serial cheating gives the Aunt all the justification to neuter him like a dog...

Honestly She did 'ok' by taking him back the first time he cheated on her. She gave him a 'second chance'. I get the whole idea of second chances and 'love' trying to overcome certain behaviors. However he has blown it - big time, and should not get a second chance.

Clearly he is going to cheat no matter and doesn't care enough to change his ways.

Divorce him, sue for alimony - she will be justified not only in a court of law but in the Court of God as well - this is a 'good reason' to divorce, infidelity breaks a lot of hearts and trust and is one sure fire way to dissolve the contract of marriage. To have and to hold, forsaking all other until death do us part..... He broke that.

Ultimately it is her choice to stick with this person or to let him go. You are going to have to accept her choice regardless what you feel. That may be a lot more difficult if she gives him yet one more second chance.

Hopefully he hasn't destroyed her faith in humanity completely, or her ability to trust men in general. Betrayal of trust is a huge matter, the emotional damage is far reaching and affects a person's heart in all sorts of matters. Even if she does divorce him and later meets a new fella, his behaviors in this marriage will be on her mind with her new man, she will not as easily trust the new guy and there will be doubts.

Thus if she does opt for divorce - once that is settled and done with, start encouraging her to seek a therapist and work through the left over garbage that betrayal of trust leaves.