Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family issues
saif1232 Wrote:At one point in life I will leave them behind, but just not now since i would have nowhere to go, at least not till September, I got a job which j start in 2 days and will be paying for a house that I'm moving to with my friends in england Smile

Make plan and get away you know it dude. Some people here just don't know how it works in the Muslim world, I do, they'll give you the westerners advices which won't work in countries such as Tunisia, Morocco, Afghanistan, Indonesia, Pakistan, Uganda and many others. I have visited all those countries and the only advise I have for gays over there is MOVE THE FUCK OUT if you can. I lost one of my best buddy because of it. Play the game and MOVE if you know what's good for you.

Jake Wrote:Make plan and get away you know it dude. Some people here just don't know how it works in the Muslim world, I do, they'll give you the westerners advices which won't work in countries such as Tunisia, Morocco, Afghanistan, Indonesia, Pakistan, Uganda and many others. I have visited all those countries and the only advise I have for gays over there is MOVE THE FUCK OUT if you can. I lost one of my best buddy because of it. Play the game and MOVE if you know what's good for you.

Chill out buddy, I don't live in an Arab country and you are right about getting away, sorry for your loss btw

My mother screamed 'Don't ever call me again' and slammed down the phone. It was about two years before she got in contact wondering why I hadn't called her in so long.

My father literally changed the subject to weather and how it was affecting the crops.

The relationship with Mother was a bad one, and sick and twisted for so many other reasons, I eventually stopped pursing her love. And in turn got a lot healthier in my own head.

The realtionship with Father degraded until the day came when he asked 'what would the neighbors think' which devolved rapidly to the 'I disown you, faggot!'.

Surprising part here. Mother was a bigot, she hated just about everyone, yet she found some sort of acceptance (in her insane way) of both of her gay sons. Granted she kicked out my older brother when he came out at 16 which lead to a short, but interesting life for him. But later she came to accept.

Father, on the other hand, was a card carrying liberal hippy who kept a token __________(fill in the blank) friend in every minority and foisted the idea that he was accepting and tolerant. He flat refused to accept either of his gay sons, but that's ok, he had two others that were straight and followed in his foot steps to make up for the loss.

The moral of my story. Just because you parent appear to be one way now, it does not mean this situation will last forever, or that they can't change their mind when it comes to their own kid.

Eventually they will accept you or cut you off. Either way this goes you are going to need to accept that situation and move on with your life, and don't beat yourself up about it.

Yes I know there is the religious angle here - many people from many walks of faith have come to accept homosexuality especially when they have their own kid to demonstrate that homosexuality is not all about AIDS, SEX and DEATH as society paints that horrific picture of.

Give it time.

Sorry to hear about your situation Sad I hope that you can manage to move away and find a place of happiness and be able to surround yourself with friends who care for the person you really are. Maybe in time your family will see the "light" and that would be great for you, but of course sadly that may not happen. Try to stay strong and you will always have support on this site if you should need it.

I wanna thank everyone for all the feedback Smile