Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Dinner-Party Guests
Okay guys - it's time to give up my thread virginity and start one.

I wonder which five people - dead or alive - you would invite to a dinner party and why?

1. Adolf Hitler - Purely for car crash value of seeing him eating a prawn cocktail! Was he crazy? Was he a gentle soul? Now's the time to really find out.

2. Andy Warhol - For the good drugs! And can you imagine the conversation between him and Hitler!

3. Bette Davis - To teach me all her bitching-skills and to get all the gossip.

4. Stephen Fry - Because he amazes me and I would love to hear his opinions about the other dinner guests.

5. Liza Minnelli - I'd get her drunk and persuade her to sing!

Good first thread? Hope you enjoy.

Cris x x x

Andy Warhol - brilliant artist

David Bowie - brilliant artist

Rainer Werner Fassbinder - brilliant artist

David Lynch - brilliant artist

Yukio Mishima - brilliant artist

*would love to see what kinda project they would come up with...

btw: great first post Cris

Oliver Cromwell - He was a brilliant politician and solider.

Queen Elizabeth I - She was a very good speaker and knew how to make men to things.

George Smith Patton - He loved history and was totally mad.

Billy Connelly - Another mad guy but speaks his mind

Stephen Fry - The same as Marlborolad Because he amazes me and I would love to hear his opinions about the other dinner guests.

Strange group of people but each of them would love to talk to each other..

What a fascinating subject! My list would probably change by the minute, but for this minute it's
1. Boudicca - local girl made good. Crap cutter and warrior to liven any party.

2. Geoffrey Chaucer - storyteller and poet. I would hope he had a beautiful actor's voice and I could listen and be entranced.

3. Wolfgang Mozart - composer/performer. He died too young and I'd love to talk to him about his times and what is happening in music now.

4. Jimi Hendrix - performer/composer. By all accounts a real gentleman. but he also died too young. The only time I ever went to hear him perform I missed his set through being unconscious for 18 hours with severe sunstroke after five days in the open air.

5. Princealbertofb - friend/lover/partner. He is the best party host I have ever known and I wouldn't want him to miss any of this. He could also help with any necessary translation Confusedmile:

Richard Laymon > His after dinner stories would kick-ass!

Sir David Attenborough > like he needs an explanation!

Hugh Fernley Wittingstall > i'd ask him too cook!

Daniel Radcliffe & Tom Felton > after dinner entertainment! :biggrin:

Myself x 4 just because I have a big ego

kidding...

Bill Gates - To slap him.
G Bush - To slap him
Paris Hilton - To slap her.
Abe lincoln - Just to see what hes like.

CardShark Wrote:Abe lincoln - Just to see what hes like.

And what, slap him after you have seen what he's like ???

Confusedmile:

Thinks about it...

1)Sophie Ellis-Bextor - mostly so i could fawn over how amazing she is. She's my idol, no joke. I wanna be just as feline as her. But maybe less married to that guy out of the Feeling. But she likes him, so he's not without merit, i suppose... *sigh*

2)The Queen - It wouldn't be a party without her. I love the Queen. She's totally awesome. I'd love to see how drunk she'd need to get before she voiced an opinion. *imagines the Queen calling Jodie Marsh a slag*

3)Jodie Marsh - So everyone else there (especially the Queen) could tell her what a slag she is.

4)Joan Rivers - Funniest woman alive. Love her. Love to hear what she has to say about the food/the guests/love, life and everything.

5)Oscar Wilde - Just THINK of the insults he could come up with for Jodie Marsh!!

Brilliant thread idea Marlborolad!

These are always impossible choices and if you ask me tomorrow I am sure I will give you different answers. In no particular order are my answers.

Elizabeth I, Queen of England - Surely one of the Greatest women ever born. She ruled over a Kingdom which was in all other respects run by men and during her rule we enjoyed England's Golden Age.

William Shakespeare - The cultural jewel of England's Golden Age and one of the greatest users of the English language ever. (This assumes it actually was him who wrote the plays).

Benjamin Franklin - The US is such a major influence on the world today that I had to include a Founding Father. In general he sounds the most interesting of them (this is a dinner party after all).

Adam Smith - Given the global credit crunch etc. I wonder what the founding father of economics would make of it all?

Socrates - I chose him not so much because I am a fan of him, but because he could take my other guests down a peg or two and bring the conversation back to earth.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Marlborolad Wrote:1. Adolf Hitler - Purely for car crash value of seeing him eating a prawn cocktail! Was he crazy? Was he a gentle soul? Now's the time to really find out.

Hitler was a vegetarian (Though I'm not sure if that included prawns or not LOL!!!

My list

1) Jeremy Clarkson
2)Richard Hammond
3)Stephen Fry (I find it very interesting that so many people would pick him)
4)Heath Ledger
5)Dawn French

(On a seperate note if I were to have a 1to1 dinner party it would be with Alyson Hannigan)