Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farewell everyone :)
Well ladies and gentlemen (mostly gentlemen in GS case) it is time for me to turn the page on Gayspeak and other forums I have been participating in. For many years I have been sharing weekly with you and other people, I brought in friends who have left and there was only me, my husband Alex and my daughter left, but today you will notice that Alex has deleted his account so did my daughter when they’ve learned that I was leaving, well, I didn’t force them to do so, but they were mostly here to follow on my writings, but I decided that it was time to actualize what I have been doing online for many years with people that need assistance in flesh and blood. I do not condemn what GS is as I’m pretty sure it did help some people in many ways. For living in the real world and having dealt with people in person with similar problems that have been spoken in GS, I know that GS has its purpose. But yet I consider GS to be more of a band aid than an actual cure, but a Band-Aid is a start.

This year I have used one of my apartment buildings as a private and anonymous hostel for gay youths in trouble and/or confused by providing them a place to live and take back control of their life. I used one of my buildings with 15 units and created a shared commodity in each apartment. Finding help online can be a temporary solution for some, but for many what happen when they disconnect? They’re back in their miserable life, the one they whined about when messaging you on a forum or on a chat board. I cannot save them all, but at least the one that will come to our supervised apartments will get back the spark of life. I’m a man of action, and although I know I stirred shit sometimes, made people angry with some of my cut throat comments, if you believe I was bad on the forum, just close your eyes and imagine me in person, I’m 10 times worst ha ha ha.

Alex and I have bought a residence in Paris for which we will from now on spend a few months every year until we decide or not to officially move to France. Alex wants to brush up his spoken French a little more before we become sedentary there. Even though he speaks a practically perfect French (after 9 years living with a Frenchie I wouldn’t expect more of him LOL) but he’s a darn perfectionist and nothing I say will make him believe that his French is just good enough.

Next year, 3 months day to day I will be resigning from my position as CEO of the company I started 15 years ago, it will be a huge change, but it’s a necessary change. I still have three young children at home whom haven’t benefited much of their father presence as the previous two did and for me that’s not fair for them. Therefore, I am officially stepping down and will take care of one part of the business for which I can work from my home office and be there for the children.

So said my passage here at GS taught me a lot, even though I may seem to know everything, I am not the type of person to pretend to be all knowing and yes I have learned from each and every one of you. This is my second sign-on on GS and I do believe this will be the last as I am now going to keep only one gay forum and also managing my own forum that was online earlier this year, which I turned off to re-arrange things. If you fall on it one day you will recognize me as I always use the very same user ID or variations of my user ID and well, normally where I go, Alex follows too. Do not ask me here what’s the address, it’s not online as of now and first to know it doesn’t have a gay denomination and gay subjects aren’t the focus, I believe there’s quite enough gay related website similar to GS, the Internet doesn’t need another gay forum, there’s quite enough.

My profile will be up until the end of this week. Should you have anything to say feel free, by Friday it will be self-deleted and this will be my final farewell to all of you fine people. Time to turn the page and leave the virtual world for a while. I may be coming back, but this won’t be this year or next year that’s for sure.

Best regards from me, Alex and Sandy. Hasta la proxima!

Jake M. de C de la C.

I will miss you guys, all the best for the future. Smile

Jake, you sound incredibly busy AND productive. I don't feel so bad now that you didn't find time to fetch the larger and legible version of your siggie cartoon.

Best of luck to you with your upcoming changes.

Thank you on behalf of struggling youth everywhere for what you are doing with your halfway house, if I may call it that.

This forum will be the poorer for your absence.

Peace be with you.

Jason

Hardheaded1 Wrote:Jake, you sound incredibly busy AND productive. I don't feel so bad now that you didn't find time to fetch the larger and legible version of you siggie cartoon.

Why thanks Jason... sorry I completely forgot that... I'll post it here later today. It's a cartoon strip from Nemi I'll post it today for you Smile

Goodbye Jake and Alex. I will miss you guys so much here! It's been more than a year since I know you guys,and I've definitely learned a lot from you both. I hope Alex surpasses even native speakers of French for his perfectionist self,LOL. Enjoy your time with your family and I hope lots of gay youth will benefit from your assistance. WaveyWaveyWaveyWaveyWavey

Glad to hear you don't condemn GS. As you say...a Band Aid is better than nothing. We'll all look forward to you creating a real support network.

It must have been a huge amount of work keeping all your balls in the air and keeping everyone here updated on the many incredible things taking place in your lives.... what with emergency surgeries in Paris, winding down your career as head of a multi-million dollar corporation, your youth hostel etc... Honestly...there were so many times when your stories and updates seemed unbelievable for all of us mortals who lead relatively ordinary lives.

I for one never thought that you knew everything so don't worry if you think that that is how you appeared in various threads. And we all doubt if you actually are 10 times worse in person.

Too bad that Alex and your daughter deleted as well....but obviously it is hardly necessary for them to follow your writings when they can just holler at you down the hall or text you.

One favour you could do is to share a contact or address for your hostel so that if anyone on GS needs it, they can find it. It sounds like such an incredible project that we'd all like more details.

Maybe we'll run into the two of you in Paris.

You will both be greatly missed. I enjoyed your posts and conversations I've had with you and Alex. Even if it resulted in me burning food on 2 ocassions. You're good people!

Rareboy Wrote:Glad to hear you don't condemn GS. As you say...a Band Aid is better than nothing. We'll all look forward to you creating a real support network.

It must have been a huge amount of work keeping all your balls in the air and keeping everyone here updated on the many incredible things taking place in your lives.... what with emergency surgeries in Paris, winding down your career as head of a multi-million dollar corporation, your youth hostel etc... Honestly...there were so many times when your stories and updates seemed unbelievable for all of us mortals who lead relatively ordinary lives.

I for one never thought that you knew everything so don't worry if you think that that is how you appeared in various threads. And we all doubt if you actually are 10 times worse in person.

Too bad that Alex and your daughter deleted as well....but obviously it is hardly necessary for them to follow your writings when they can just holler at you down the hall or text you.

One favour you could do is to share a contact or address for your hostel so that if anyone on GS needs it, they can find it. It sounds like such an incredible project that we'd all like more details.

Maybe we'll run into the two of you in Paris.

Rareboy you are Canadian... my family have been one of the first settlers in Canada arriving as early as 1641 my great great great extremely great grandmother is Eleanor de Grandmaison we're in your history book my dear chum LOL. I know that sometimes the stories may have seemed unreal, but believe it or not I'm not someone who hides behind a pseudonym. Jake is a simple form of Jacob which is my real name. If I wanted to be recognized I could quickly and easily do so just by giving one piece of my name.

The hostel is anonym as I do not want it to be televised or advertised as a shelter, however, rest assure that every place that deals with youths and/or sexually confused youths have the address and all the contact they need. If a gay teen in trouble need help or a place to live, they will be referred to our place. In that building there's no sign, no evidences whatsoever that this is a hostel and I will keep it that way.

In fact, my multi-million company have spent about 1.5 million dollars this year, giving anonymously to all kind of charities and I make sure it keep on being anonymous no matter if the donators is Alex or myself. I don't like to have CP24, Journal de Montreal, The Gazette, Globe and Mail and CBC News at my door looking for the good news of the week. I do my deed, take the tax credit that comes with it and we continue on our life.

You and other members of this forum were pretty much the only one beside those we give that knows we are philanthropists. I don't need that kind of attention, I have all the attention I need from my people in my house Smile. Hope I did clarify things for you Smile

reaper Wrote:You will both be greatly missed. I enjoyed your posts and conversations I've had with you and Alex. Even if it resulted in me burning food on 2 ocassions. You're good people!

Alex and I are sorry that you crammed your eggs twice while chatting with us LOL... But we blame you mostly hahaha.

Jake, you and your family will be missed here. I wish you all nothing but the best!

Good luck to you all!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!