Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fascinating innovation
If you're interested in technology

http://www.wimp.com/bluetarp/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Londoner I'm checking into that!

That's very cool. I can see a ton of useful applications for those.

Virge Wrote:Londoner I'm checking into that!

Me too! We are purchasing property near the Joshua Tree National Forest. Originally we had intended to order a prefab structure from Japan, but this might be more economical and offer more personalization , awesome find! :-)

WOW!! that is awesome technology! thank you Londoner! it looks quite practical and functional as well!

Inflatable concrete balloon you say.... I think that may go over like a lead balloon.

IDK - perhaps as 'temporary' shelter its a good thing. This technology will need to be improved upon and more shapely to be viable for real construction of more permanent structures.

I just wonder what we will do with all of the fired concrete workers once this faster way to build in concrete comes in. If a couple three men can raise a full structure that would put dozens out of work.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Inflatable concrete balloon you say.... I think that may go over like a lead balloon.

IDK - perhaps as 'temporary' shelter its a good thing. This technology will need to be improved upon and more shapely to be viable for real construction of more permanent structures.

I just wonder what we will do with all of the fired concrete workers once this faster way to build in concrete comes in. If a couple three men can raise a full structure that would put dozens out of work.

Katrina survivors would have benefited from these. It's possible they could be prebuilt as hurricane shelters, or fire safe zones in forests. They look much better made than many third world homes whose lives would greatly improve with these structures keeping out vampire bats, fire ants, mosquitoes, scorpions, Panthers, snakes, wolves, ... Places like Alaska that has to worry about snow weight on the ceiling, or bears... Sand storms in the deserts...

The possibilities are endless. This could be the beginnings of colonizing other planets.

Londoner, thanks for sharing that. It's amazing indeed.