Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fascinating time lapse photography
Yes, it's been done before but it still fascinating to see:

http://rumble.com/v2zqmw-flowers-opening...se-ii.html
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Now that is something I want to do....and I have the stuff to do it... I can run my Nikon with an adapter that plugs into the battery compartment for any length of time. I mean they have apps for phones and whatnot but unless something is happening relatively quickly of have access to power to run your phone to extended period of time...a DSLR in this case is much more practical.

Definitely going to try this when spring gets here though....
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

InbetweenDreams Wrote:Now that is something I want to do....and I have the stuff to do it... I can run my Nikon with an adapter that plugs into the battery compartment for any length of time. I mean they have apps for phones and whatnot but unless something is happening relatively quickly of have access to power to run your phone to extended period of time...a DSLR in this case is much more practical.

Definitely going to try this when spring gets here though....

I hope that you'll post the results here.

LONDONER Wrote:I hope that you'll post the results here.

Once spring gets here anyway...not much growing at the moment, pretty barren right now lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

InbetweenDreams Wrote:Once spring gets here anyway...not much growing at the moment, pretty barren right now lol

We can wait.

Here's a couple I did about a year ago...

I quickly found out in the 2nd video (was actually the first one I did) that I would need an AC power supply for the camera...
Check out my stuff!

Some of the flowers that were time-lapse photographed only last about a day, cactus flowers I think are very ephemeral... I particularly liked the cherry blossom branch. I guess something that needs less time to develop into something else is our very own anatomy, haha.
I'll leave you with this video by Eloi Biosca to illusrate my point.
https://vimeo.com/album/2523649/video/67003411