Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fashion/style advice
[quote=phillyboy1234]One of my friends, who is a style fashionista, says I have no style at all Sad

But it got me wondering...

Has anyone ever seen the ads on FB about the "pay $X per month and get stylish clothes sent to you"? Are they worth it?[/QUOTE]

NO...

You need to find fashionable stuff that looks good on YOU and that YOU feel comfortable in...some of the so-called "trendy" stuff I see makes me break out in hives...

My job requires a suit, but I work with architects and interior designers and everyone styling and everyone's a fashion critic...what I did when I first started working here was pick out a guy who looked stylish, comfortable and at home in his clothes and ask him for help. He was flattered to be asked and was really great about it...he and his wife even introduced me to the fine art of Outlet shopping...believe it or not, I've gotten to the point where I *GASP* actually like to shop...

Pyromancer Wrote:[quote=phillyboy1234]One of my friends, who is a style fashionista, says I have no style at all Sad

But it got me wondering...

Has anyone ever seen the ads on FB about the "pay $X per month and get stylish clothes sent to you"? Are they worth it?[/QUOTE]

NO...

You need to find fashionable stuff that looks good on YOU and that YOU feel comfortable in...some of the so-called "trendy" stuff I see makes me break out in hives...

My job requires a suit, but I work with architects and interior designers and everyone styling and everyone's a fashion critic...what I did when I first started working here was pick out a guy who looked stylish, comfortable and at home in his clothes and ask him for help. He was flattered to be asked and was really great about it...he and his wife even introduced me to the fine art of Outlet shopping...believe it or not, I've gotten to the point where I *GASP* actually like to shop...

So....you are saying yes to the FB company?? Frog

Buy one and try it on, take a pic of yourself, and share with us, then come back and ask again lol. Wish you all the best.