Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Father and Son relationships
Id just like to say i think you should have titled this thread differently.

partisan Wrote:Id just like to say i think you should have titled this thread differently.

I'm starting to think that as well.

This is where I'm concerned. Was he a child when he began participating in sexual activities with his father? A teenager? An adult? I ask because if he was a child and still looks back on the abuse/relationship fondly than I view that as unresolved trauma from his childhood which is preventin him from expressing his sexuality in a healthy way. Children DO NOT walk away from sexual abuse without it effecting their lives and future sexual expression, this is just one of the ways that it is expressed. If he was a teenager than I still view it as highly inappropriate, but it probably did less harm to him psychologically than if he were a child. If he was a legal adult than it is his business and decision. I do wonder what happens in these non-incestuous father/son relationships what happens when the son gets too old?

I think an actual father-son sexual relationship is wrong, or at least unethical, because a father has too much emotional power and authority (even if it's not consciously used) to make for a truly consensual relationship, and I see that as being a bit true even after a boy is a man (though I'd no longer favor criminal prosecution in the latter case), it has the potential to create all sorts of awkwardness in the future that others not involved, and it's not only a violation of trust of the kids but that of others involved (mother, grandparents, etc). That's in addition to all the other reasons I don't think kids should be having sex with adults, such as a child's ability to be easily manipulated and unable to make informed consent (the same reason they're not allowed to sign contracts).

Even accepting that it doesn't always turn out that bad, there's plenty that do even right now, and kids can be easily confused or manipulated in saying what a manipulator wants, heck even by adults outside the family. Perhaps my time as a runaway and seeing predatory men prey on kids (of both genders) and hearing of sexual abuse (again, of both genders, many by a father) has made it harder for me to accept.

But as for the specific relationship in question being offered now...I wouldn't, but that's simply based on experience and also my tastes. When I was 19 a sophisticated older woman (about the same age as my mom) talked me into moving in (back then I carried everything I owned in a duffel bag and backpack) and at first it was fun, I couldn't pay the bills back then and she had all kinds of money she was willing (even insistent) to spend on me in addition to taking care of all the necessities, and pretty much I just had to do some chores, errands, and the like for her (plus sex).

But her domineering nature quickly grew, like ordering for me at restaurants, she bought me clothes & makeup to dress me up like her doll so she wasn't embarrassed to be seen with me (at least she dressed me as a young lady rather than having me wear pigtails and sucking on a pacifier :tongue: ) and in less than a month she took my skateboard from me as "too dangerous" and locked it away. At that point I resolved that it wasn't worth it and when she left for work the next day I jimmied the lock and got it back and left (I did leave the expensive pretties behind that she'd insisted on buying for me to do with whatever she wanted) never looking back other than to remember the important lesson I learned that a cage made of gold is still a cage, and I'd rather have my freedom.

But of course some get off on being submissive 24/7, the Total Power Exchange is what I think they call it, and if that's your thing then have fun! And role play is very different in my book, I'm well aware that pretend isn't the same as actuality.

The thing you have to remember about older guys who like to have "sons", is that most of them usually do not stay with any of the younger guys very long.

Why? Because young guys get old. And dumped.

These types of "daddies" are extreme, and they have a very bad habit of having very...VERY definable age limits they work in. Once you reach the end of that age range, you no longer qualify as a "son"....so you get replaced with another young guy. They are notorious for this. And it is not something they will acknowledge or tell the truth about.

Im not saying HE is this type, but I havent heard of any of these types NOT dumping the younger guy when he gets "too old" for their use.

BE VERY CAREFUL!!!

MisterTinkles Wrote:The thing you have to remember about older guys who like to have "sons", is that most of them usually do not stay with any of the younger guys very long.

Why? Because young guys get old. And dumped.

These types of "daddies" are extreme, and they have a very bad habit of having very...VERY definable age limits they work in. Once you reach the end of that age range, you no longer qualify as a "son"....so you get replaced with another young guy. They are notorious for this.

Im not saying HE is this type, but I havent heard of any of these types NOT dumping the younger guy when he gets "too old" for their use.

BE VERY CAREFUL!!!

Wait, this is actually an existing and notorious phenomenon and not just something that happens in extreme individual cases? Woah...

SolemnBoy Wrote:Wait, this is actually an existing and notorious phenomenon and not just something that happens in extreme individual cases? Woah...

Yes my dear.

This is a psychological condition. Acutally, I think this is where the gay term "daddy" started.
Younger guys would call their older partners "daddy"....and over the past many years, "daddy" has become a term for older men in general. In gay society that is. But the heteros have picked up on it too.......copycats!!!

SolemnBoy Wrote:Why is that? The 'wrong' part, not the 'illegal' part. Smile

For me it's wrong because you have to draw the line somewhere, and that's where I personally choose to draw the line. I suppose it depends on the person..

Guess I'm kind of echoing what Pix said. Parent / child relations, in my view, are unethical (and correct me if I'm wrong, probably in most cases, abusive). Fathers (especially fathers) have a lot of power over their children, particularly mentally and emotionally. I have a hard time believing that any type of relationship LIKE THAT would come to be "naturally".

Again, I could be wrong.. it could be all consensual and perhaps no one in the process is/was hurt.. but for me, it's far too "weird".

The answer to was he a consenting adult is yes. He was in his 20's when his relationship started.