Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Father and Son relationships
Tyrion Wrote:For me it's wrong because you have to draw the line somewhere, and that's where I personally choose to draw the line. I suppose it depends on the person..

Guess I'm kind of echoing what Pix said. Parent / child relations, in my view, are unethical (and correct me if I'm wrong, probably in most cases, abusive). Fathers (especially fathers) have a lot of power over their children, particularly mentally and emotionally. I have a hard time believing that any type of relationship LIKE THAT would come to be "naturally".

Again, I could be wrong.. it could be all consensual and perhaps no one in the process is/was hurt.. but for me, it's far too "weird".

Yeah, well I agree, and Pix made a pretty good point in her earlier comments. I also agree that most incestuous relationships probably are abusive and non-consensual, which obviously shouldn't be allowed. I just think it'd be a shame for completely consensual adults to have their freedom imposed because of an assumption that the parent may have used his authority to gradually turn his son or daughter into his/her lover. At least there ought to be some kind of investigation as it shouldn't be allowed to take someone's freedom away without well-founded arguments. As far as I'm concerned, Pix brought up the only reasonable argument there is and even there there's bound to be exceptions. As much as I can see why people would like this to be the case, "it's wrong" and "it's gross" simply aren't arguments.

Consenting adults? Then I don't give a fuck.

Its called incest and its wrong. And your right solemnboy, there is no argument, its just wrong. But how about looking at children born of incest.

BTW I think consensual sex between father & son is more wrong than non-consensual.

Someone said it was 'illegal', I'm not even sure that's true... Maybe it depends on the state or country you're in. In some countries sex between men is illegal, so.... better check on that one.
One might, as an adult, want to enter a same sex relationship, or even a relationship with someone much older than oneself. Some societies frown on the one, some on the other, sometimes even on both. If legality is an issue, then it needs to be dealt with accordingly, but if it isn't, then there shouldn't be a problem.
The fact is that incest is mostly illegal for biological reasons and also for coercion reasons.
The relationship SweetlySpoiled is considering is neither one of those.
It may be that this older man you are considering dating had a good relationship with his father/lover and maybe he's trying to reproduce it. But are you sure that he's telling the truth about the man being his father? Or does he mean a father/son relationship, similar to the one you might be embarking on?

partisan Wrote:Its called incest and its wrong. And your right solemnboy, there is no argument, its just wrong. But how about looking at children born of incest.

BTW I think consensual sex between father & son is more wrong than non-consensual.

Why? Coercion or forced incest is less wrong??? That is a strange statement, and I think I would be interested in hearing the arguments.

partisan Wrote:Its called incest and its wrong. And your right solemnboy, there is no argument, its just wrong. But how about looking at children born of incest.

I meant there's no real argument that it IS wrong other than what Pix said...

It's possible to legalize consensual incest between adults WITHOUT legalizing their permission to have children. I mean in the modern day of contraceptives and abortions the genetic arguments don't really work.

You can think it's wrong as much as you'd like. I mean, the thought of it does disturb me too. But just because I'm distured by it doesn't mean I'll completely ignore logic and rationality and wish to forbid it.

Also how can non-consensual incest be less wrong? If two siblings love each other and start a relationship is that worse than one sibling raping the other? O_O

In our modern world we have moved quite far away from some "primitive" societies in which man on younger man sex was considered a sort of initiation into the world of adult sexuality, quite normally. I don't know if it has been documented that men would initiate their own male sons or whether they would be expected to initiate other younger males, but there's still a whole mystic going on about sex, lust and its power to create new life.
So ok, we've moved on, and maybe this is no longer acceptable. I'm not sure whether this kind of initiation would have been seen or experienced as child abuse, though... because precisely, the younger man would have been coming into the age of procreating. Does the ritual consist in ritualised rape, or is it done in terms of tenderness and consensuality and discovery of the wonderful world of adult sex?

princealbertofb Wrote:In our modern world we have moved quite far away from some "primitive" societies in which man on younger man sex was considered a sort of initiation into the world of adult sexuality, quite normally. I don't know if it has been documented that men would initiate their own male sons or whether they would be expected to initiate other younger males, but there's still a whole mystic going on about sex, lust and its power to create new life.

I believe that still goes on in Papa New Guinea. Though I don't think it's incestuous and I've never heard of it happening anywhere else... except perhaps ancient Greece. Some tribes in Papa New Guinea believe that boys will not mature into manhood with out ingesting the semen of the elders..... yep.

Thought I feel obligated to point out the West is certainly not above having religious leaders that use their position of power to diddle boys.

Papua, Wade, lol... not Papa

Not even got time to it, call black white if you want.

Prince, non-consensual is wrong of course. But consensual sex between father & son is dirty and depraved.

A father & son relationship SHOULD be entirely different, unique and special. Not sex. No no.