Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Father kills son for being gay
And you do it the second someone tackles an Islamic topic.

Where were you when I was doing the same assessment for Christians and Catholics?

This reeks of bias.

That's my point, Alvin.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

not getting into this. i am done paying attention to and/or debating bullshit coming from backwards religious upbringing and brainwashing. Middle East and its whole population, wherever they're found, can go and fuck itself and blow itself to bits. not gonna care. and not gonna debate actions that are equivalent to those committed by brain-damaged people anymore. it's a waste of time.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Tragedies are everywhere. We hear about a few. Most we don't. Good thing, too.

What's important is what's going on in the immediate IRL world of my life. Everything else is mostly a distraction. (Note I say *mostly*... there can be far-afield events that DO directly affect my day-to-day life.) I can't change the world. I can't make people behave the way I think they should. I do well to make sane, constructive decisions in my OWN life. So much "news" or "information" in our world today. So easy to get all upset about stuff we can't do ANYTHING about. How does that help us? LOL... I'm so out of it I only heard yesterday about the tragedy in Brussels... and even then it was quite by accident that I heard. NOW... I have to tell you... I haven't always been this way. I used to be a news junky. Always reading, listening, watching... paying attention to the big bad world. I don't anymore and quite frankly I feel I'm a much happier person. It's not that I don't care or I don't want to know exactly. I do care. Very much. BUT... if it is something I can't do anything about directly, how does knowing about it really make a difference?

IDK, I'm just talking about how I'm dealing with it. Each to his or her own.

Post the link to the thread where we had that discussion .

Remember Insert..
The only thing in the news about Islam is negative. .

There are no reports of the good things happening in Islamic Culture.

You and I are NOT Muslims..
Tread carefully when you generalize.

However I am Christian. .
Then to another half of my family that is Catholic..
^^^^
That gives me a voice on the matter..

Now post the link where you and I were discussing Christians and Catholics..

Waiting.

Alvin, you didn't get anything I said, did you?

1) You classified my commet as muslim "bashing". I felt the need to correct you.

I proposed that given the name, it was probable that this was a religious-induced hate crime based on the unquestionably homophobic nature of religions in the Abrahamic group, of which Islam is a part of. It's a proposal that may or may not be correct, as I pointed out and pending further proof. The basis of this proposal is a fact, however. If you classify stating a fact as "bashing" then you and I have nothing else to discuss about the matter. You are placing me in the same sack as other Muslim-haters here.

I would also advice you, should you insist on this stance, that you go looking for various homophobic laws in a few countries and I dare you to not find it based on either Christianity or Islam.

2) I'm not responsible for how the news portay Islamic anything. For one, the news you get there and the ones I get here are probably not the same, and second, I don't watch the news. I prefer to get my information from reliable sources, thank you. Anything that's being said in the media is quite irrelevant to me, because my opinions of Islam don't have anything to do with it other than it being a hateful religion in the hands of conservative people, just like Christianity is.

3) You and I have never discussed Christian religions. I have made several comments about them based on my deep antagonism for them (and religion in general) since I'm a member here and you've never said anything. That's my point. You jumped on my case whenever I referenced Islam and called it "bashing" when it's not the case (you wanna see bashing, read meridannight's comment) but you never seem to take notice when I attack Christianity and most especially Catholicism, considering the damage that the later has done and keeps doing on my country.

Here, this is one sample

Insertnamehere Wrote:Ah, Good Friday.

I would have to thank that Jewish dude for pissing off Roman authorities and getting offed, no?

Here's another one

Insertnamehere Wrote:NTACB If I could piss off every Catholic that is alive today I'd do it right now out of pure enjoyment. Then I'd go kick that bloody transandino pope in the balls.

All of those within the context of Easter.

(My idea of pissing them off btw was to eat meat of Good Friday. Which I can do since there is freedom of practice, but Catholics here even call the cops on you if you do)

I would say that THOSE are things you could point out as "bashing". But I never heard any feed back on that other than one member agreeing with me on the meat eating part.

Instead, you, at the moment you made that quote earlier, commited the same folly most people do: being too focused on attacking what shouldn't be attacked or defending what is indefensible about Islam.

I was waiting for the link where you and I Were discussing Muslims and Catholics. .

You posted stuff you said..

Anyway This is my point..

I took you around in a giant circle because I knew you would make my initial comment as complex as your way of thinking..

Here it is..

You Said..

Insertnamehere Wrote:Well this is just fantastic news.

I was about to wonder how could such a thing happen in L.A. and then I read the names. So....yeah.

^^^
If you were a tolerant Gay man of Islamic culture..
Wouldn't that offend you?

If you were a member of this site that just happened to be Muslim..

How would you feel?

Anocxu Wrote:I was waiting for the link where you and I Were discussing Muslims and Catholics.

Now you're confusing me. Did that happen? I can't remember.

Anocxu Wrote:I took you around in a giant circle because I knew you would make my initial comment as complex as your way of thinking..

Can't help that, Alvin. It's me.

Anocxu Wrote:^^^
If you were a tolerant Gay man of Islamic culture..
Wouldn't that offend you?

If you were a member of this site that just happened to be Muslim..

How would you feel?

Me? I am sorrounded of and I was raised in Catholic culture, but I'm not Catholic, by choice, if I was me elsewhere I would be the same. So, living in an Islamic culture I wouldn't be a muslim but merely atheist Indonesian/Pakistani/Turkish/Bosnian/etc.

Perhaps you meant to ask what if I professed the Islamic religion. I would probably feel pissed, but look and behold, I would continue with my life just like I have whenever I have read the most outrageous things about Atheism. And trust me, where I live I read a lot of said crap.

In any case, I would probably find more concerning other things that have been said about Islam and the ethnicities that mostly profess it, than this right here.

But hey, one does not have to question: there is one person here who fits that description, so why don't we ask [MENTION=18776]AlfredM[/MENTION]?

Mind you, he can take offense as much as he likes, but as much as I like him, I won't change my mind about the hatefulness of religions.

@indertnamehere

This forum has about 15-25 >consistent< members including you and I..

When we generalize we hurt others..
I've done it and paid the price to be proven small minded at times. .
I know you are not small minded or shallow..

My line of reasoning is not to hurt or anger you..

Gay speak is part , Arabic, African, American, British/ English, Asian, European, Nordic , Hispanic etc..

I am not denying there aren't issues with homophobia in Islam..
But look at the deep South here in America, Homophobia is also prevalent in the black community as it is in the Catholic and Christian faith. .

However..
We must not generalize..
It discourages the Diamonds in the ruff..

Giant Hugs..

Anocxu Wrote:I am not denying there aren't issues with homophobia in Islam..
But look at the deep South here in America, Homophobia is also prevalent in the black community as it is in the Catholic and Christian faith

Hence my antagonism towards religions.

Anocxu Wrote:However..
We must not generalize..
It discourages the Diamonds in the ruff..

Giant Hugs..

Noted.

Insertnamehere Wrote:But hey, one does not have to question: there is one person here who fits that description, so why don't we ask [MENTION=18776]AlfredM[/MENTION]?

Nah, I myself thought of the same thing when I came across the name in the article. Of course just because someone has an Arabic name doesn't automatically makes him a Muslim. I've came across an Egyptian Christian with an Arabic name, and I guess it's nothing new cause not all Muslims use Arabic names as well, although we Malaysian Muslims do. This is where racism and Islamophobia intersect, because people automatically assume Arabs or Pakistanis to be Muslims despite there exist other religions (or lack of thereof) in their community as well. But based on statistics, I guess that's the natural assumption to be made here.

Anyway, no offense taken. [MENTION=21156]Anocxu[/MENTION] thanks for the concern, but Suds' remark hardly qualify as bashing. I've came across actual harsher remarks here before, something like what Meridan said, but I've learn to ignore such post. Ignorance is a bliss they say, in this case I totally agree. Peace~ Baer

Quote:Mind you, he can take offense as much as he likes, but as much as I like him, I won't change my mind about the hatefulness of religions.

I went aww here :p