Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Battle Scene
For me it has to be the duel from Kill Bill vol I.
The scenery, the snow, it's so beautifully shot from every possible angle. And the music, you'd normally think it'd be out of place but it fits so damn well. The build up to this scene was insane. I had goosebumps all over. Lucy Liu was devastatingly mesmerizing.

Lone Survivor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_Survivor_(film)

the battle of Alesia, fought 52 BCE. one of the most fascinating clashes in history, between Caesar and the Gallic Vercingetorix, the two being among my favorite commanders in history. i do not know which side to take on this battle. one of the reasons it makes it so fascinating for me.

The one in The Matrix, in the courtyard Neo vs. 1000 Smiths.

Haruka Wrote:For me it has to be the duel from Kill Bill vol I.
The scenery, the snow, it's so beautifully shot from every possible angle. And the music, you'd normally think it'd be out of place but it fits so damn well. The build up to this scene was insane. I had goosebumps all over. Lucy Liu was devastatingly mesmerizing.

I love the way how the top of her head being sliced and flew lol

This is one of my favorite movies of all time, Oldboy. So this fight scene easily stick with me for several reasons.

Artistically, the way it is shot and the music is phenomenal. The music in this movie in general is great, but anyway. This fight scene comes off as one of the most realistic fight scenes I have seen in a movie when it comes to this type of scenario. It is not the protagonist consistently over powering all these guys, he gets hurt, he gets beat down. Then the fight evolves because the protagonist changes up his strategy, by running down the hallway and funneling these guys. All the while, every single person in the fight is getting winded and tired, they're getting sloppier. Slowly the fight ends when the guys realize the protagonist has the upper hand and is over powering them. Which then ends the scene with a really nice shot of the protagonist and all the guys beat down behind him.

Watching this scene along again makes me realize how much I really do love this movie.

Not a battle scene per se but the speech before the battle. Gives me chill bumps every time.

Henry V, before the battle of Agincourt:

"The Battle of Agincourt was a major English victory in the Hundred Years' War.[a] The battle occurred on Friday, 25 October 1415 (Saint Crispin's Day), near modern-day Azincourt, in northern France.[5][b] Henry V's victory at Agincourt, against a numerically superior French army, crippled France and started a new period in the war during which Henry married the French king's daughter and then Henry's son, Henry VI, was made heir to the throne of France." [Wikipedia]

Naruto and Bleach have some really interesting fights. I can't remember which ones. For Naruto possibly the fight with the puppet master when Gara lost his tailed beast.

Bleach has a lot more.The fights against the petal blade was really cool. There are so many others. I miss Bleach.. Sad

Radbot42 Wrote:Naruto and Bleach have some really interesting fights. I can't remember which ones. For Naruto possibly the fight with the puppet master when Gara lost his tailed beast.

Bleach has a lot more.The fights against the petal blade was really cool. There are so many others. I miss Bleach.. Sad

If we're talking anime then FLCL takes the cake.

ok, I love martial arts films so I have too many to choose from so I'll just keep it to three.

I love Donnie Yen

Jet Li

Jackie Chan

[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]