Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Cars...
CardShark Wrote:Okay then, so a simple fun thread.

Lets see...

1st your car for like work or something, you know every day use.

2nd your car that you hope to gain in the future.

3rd you hit the jackpot what car would you get?

so heres my attempt.
every day car (Ford Focus)
Car I want in future (70's challanger)
If I hit the jackpot (bently)

I have a Ford Focus I can assure you it is a reasonably unexciting and reliable car. An excellent if uninteresting run-around.

To be honest I am not sure what else I would get if I could afford it. Every time I think of expensive cars I think about what else I could do with the money.

CardShark Wrote:LOL!!

Fine I will pick this one then, the ultimate offroad vehicle.

That doesn't count. It can barely be driven on the road.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

remember seeing a pink one at Brighton Pride a couple of years ago

[Image: 31880286_7a265d55c8.jpg]

My main car, she is getting a little old now but still not 2 bad

[Image: CoupePics030.jpg]

1998 Rover Coupe 150bhp

and my kick about

[Image: rialto2.jpg]

its 1984 40bhp good fun not used it much recently as the heater isnt the best lol

and this is my fav, owned it since I was 18

[Image: Malc0488.jpg]

did lands end to john o grotes in last summer tops out at about 60mph lol

Times up my vivio

Subaru Vivio

The Subaru Vivio was a kei car that was introduced in March 1992, and manufactured by Subaru. It has a supercharged 658 cc (52 hp)[2] (44 hp in Europe) engine which is small enough to place it in the lightcar class, which gives its owners large tax breaks in Japan. The Vivio feels roomy considering its small size, thanks to a relatively tall profile and large windows. It is one of the lightest kei cars, weighing in at between 650kg (1433lb) and 700kg (1543lb) depending on the trim line.
The name "Vivio" is a reference to the numbers 660.0 written in Latin numerals, and also inspired by the word vivid. It replaced the Rex. It was available in 3 and 5-door versions commonly, with 2-door targa top version named T-top in acceptance to the order. The Vivio Bistro was a facelift variation with a retro theme, with Mini-esque front and rear fascias, matching upholstery and modifications to the dashboard. The Bistro series was popular and Japan would see a string of modern retro-styled cars.
The Vivio was available with a variety of supercharged 4-cylinder engines.
Motorsport

The supercharged grade RX-R and RX-RA was widely used for rallying in Japan. RX-RA was a motorsports trim grade with more close ratio gears and harder suspensions than RX-R. You can still see some entrants using Vivio at WRC Rally Japan.
In 1992, at the Paris-Beijing marathon raid, a private entrant ran the Vivio RX-R. Most people who saw the car imagined its early retirement but was faster than works team Mitsubishi Pajero at the prologue stage, and ran for more than a week until it broke its suspension. The car finished to the goal unofficially after repairing, with no other serious troubles.
The most famous appearance of Vivio in an international motorsport event was in the 1993 round of the Safari Rally under the decision of former factory driver and Subaru Technica International founder and team owner Noriyuki Koseki to promote the car.[3][4] He made the decision to enter three of the sports model Vivio Super KK[5] driven by Masashi Ishida, local driver Patrick Njiru and up and coming WRC star Colin McRae on his Safari debut.

My car got to 60,000 miles on the clock before i had a road traffic accident with two boy racers.. No matter how hard i tried to avoid them this baby couldnt outrun them and i ended up suffering a broken hand and a written off car and of course LOADS of months of depression as i had lost my first car which i LOVED.. The reg on this was L404 SRV and i remember someone saying that the last three letters SRV was a musical composers initials from years gone by

» Read More About Subaru Vivio
[Image: Subaru-Vivio-logo.jpg]

My vauxhall Nova and info

[Image: images.jpg]

Couldnt find any info however did you know that vauxhall in german is opel??? Same car manufacturer just two different names and logos.. This made it 101,000 miles and then blew up on the A27 so i took it home and smashed it with a hammer in rage because i couldnt afford to keep it so thought fuck it smash it so i did and got it towed away to be banger raced off.. Three years after resigning this car to my neighbour it has still gone strong smashing off the other rivals.. One thing i loved about this car is it was heavy metal all the way but corroded under very rapidly all over. I loved my second car as much as my first The registration of this was F852 GGJ and with the last three letters that was easy to remember due to my true name and how it all fitted in as J is in my middle name and GG is double barrelled to my first Smile

My fiat punto
[Image: images1.jpg]

This is the first edition of fiat puntos that were realeased about 1996/97 and were a massive popular car especially with boy racers but didnt do as well as they should.. This got to 127,000 miles on the clock before my little one had to go to car heaven in shoreham scrap lol This cars number plate was a classic P625 WHY I used to curse this car and scream WHY!!!!! Because it kept breaking down lol My mates found it amusing so i called this car why

My current car

[Image: peugeot206.jpg]

MY BEAST.. MAY EVERY MOTORIST FEAR THE ENGINE WITHIN. AT ONLY 1100CC and not very fast on accelerator it has its own mind with a built in computer in the engine that doesnt like the cold and has an ability to know when im going round a roundabout and cut out along with an ability to cut out at times when the clutch is pressed during heavy traffic.. As per usual this car is my first female car due to its swings of tempermental habits which also include in being fragile.. As far as french cars go this one is one that i love sometimes but also hate.. Yes since 2003 shes had two lady owners and one gay owner who rides it the way she was intended Wink

All my cars run on BP ultimate unleaded because i am dead fussy about where i fill up and what i fill up with paying 10p more a litre on fuel or an extra £4.90 in this cars case is worth it as the engine is regularly cleaned of all crap from Brightons streets and heavy traffic when travelling to leicester or folkstone on the M23/M25/M26/M20(F'STONE) M23/M25/M1(LEICS)

I intend to do to this car what i do to my others and drive them to the ground then i know ive had my moneys worth and time to buy a new one Big Grin

i remember that tank rolling through pride jamie.. I was working on marine parade as loads of wanna be butch gays came driving down maderia drive on it hehe was amusing to watch.. Mind you i love working gay pride as i get a 3 hour lunch break waiting for the floats to go past Smile

Hiya malc,
I like the morris minor thing in the middle with three wheels.. A fella who lives near my mother has one of those but in green and his had his car tipped over four times in twenty years.. I was one of the little bastards who done it the second time but hey i was only ten and it seemed appealing at the time but now not so good

I used to love the 206 as a kid, but I've seen so many of them about looking like rust buckets its really put me off!

Flokys isnt a rust bucket she is far from it.. Made purely of plastic mostly she has the upper lip of a posh bitch with attitude... To avoid rusting i cant help but give her a birthday bath in a deep puddle to wash away the salt underneath the car as best i can... But puddles only allowed where pedestrians dont walk

zeon Wrote:My vauxhall Nova and info

[Image: images.jpg]

Couldnt find any info however did you know that vauxhall in german is opel??? Same car manufacturer just two different names and logos.. This made it 101,000 miles and then blew up on the A27 so i took it home and smashed it with a hammer in rage because i couldnt afford to keep it so thought fuck it smash it so i did and got it towed away to be banger raced off.. Three years after resigning this car to my neighbour it has still gone strong smashing off the other rivals.. One thing i loved about this car is it was heavy metal all the way but corroded under very rapidly all over. I loved my second car as much as my first The registration of this was F852 GGJ and with the last three letters that was easy to remember due to my true name and how it all fitted in as J is in my middle name and GG is double barrelled to my first Smile

Found loads of information about the Vauxhall Nova for you Zeon:

The Vauxhall Nova's History

[SIZE=5]After an early launch in 1983, the Vauxhall Nova quickly established itself as a contender in the small hatchback market. At the same time Vauxhall's sister company (Opel) released the same car under the name of Corsa on the continent. The Vauxhall Nova is General Motors UK version of the identical Opel Corsa and shares many mechanical components with the Astra & Cavalier range (which is handy to know when your modifying your car).[/SIZE]
The model line-up includes 2 and 4 door saloon (which isn’t very popular), 3 & 5 door hatchback versions, available with a choice of 1.0 litre ohv and 1.2, 1.2i, 1.3, 1.4, 1.4i & 1.6i litre ohc engines, and lastly a few diesel models as well. The Nova was practical yet stylish and it's own distinctive arches soon made it one of the classic hatchbacks.
Various levels of trim and optional equipment are available depending upon the model selected from the range. For example the low 1.0 litre is not very refined, but the new GSi 1.6 litre models have a lot of mod cons. Fortunately the Nova is of a straightforward design and build, with easy access to major components and service parts from dealers to scrap yards.
But a firm favourite is the 1.3 Nova SR. Make no mistake this is no standard car with a few stickers and a different colour scheme. The SR was the only Nova to be given the Astra/Cavalier 1297cc cross flow engine, also included was a 5 speed gear box, uprated stiffened suspension to improve handling, RECARO racing seats, bodykit with rear spoiler and a dashboard with more dials than you could shake a stick at. The SR was soon to become the popular "boy racers". Which is unfortunate, as there are a lot of thrashed SR’s out there.
In June 1988 Vauxhall realised they were onto something good so they brought out a more serious Nova, the GTE. This was similar to the SR but it had a few modifications like electric windows, alloys (both came as options), side skirts, body coloured bumpers, sunroof (optional on the SR) and the main being a 1.6 litre 100 BHP engine. In a car as small as a Nova a 1.6 litre engine creates one flying machine. A standard GTE will do 0-60 in 9.1 seconds compared to the 11.8 of a SR and will hit 119 mph top end, 17 mph more than the SR.

In-between October 1989 and November 1990, the Nova SR was rewarded with a new 1.4 litre engine as well as more styling goodies such as central locking, electric windows, tinted glass, electric front windows, sunroof etc as standard. The most dramatic change to hit the SR happened in 1991, as with all Novas the whole front end was given a more streamline ninety’s look, as was the interior, which has a more "curvy" dashboard. Vauxhall didn’t change the shape too much and the car was still very noticeable as a Nova.
With the new front came the SRi, this was simply a 1400 SR with a fuel injection system. At the same time the popular GTE was replaced with the GSi which had a revised 1600 injection engine. The GSi had vented discs, electric sunroof (optional on the GTE) and the trademark RECARO racing seats. Novas are very easy to modify which made them popular with boy racers and enthusiasts. They can easily be made to handle 200BHP and many have had a 2 litre turbo engine dropped in from a Calibra to send them supersonic. The Nova finally went out of production in 1992 and the last one left the factory at Bedford.
In an attempt to go more European the Nova was replaced with the Corsa (no Opel didn’t call theirs the Nova). Although the Corsa was released in a SRi model it was not quite the same as the Nova. Although the production of the Nova is no longer, they are still alive and kicking at cruises throughout the UK and you’ll be lucky not to find one in a copy of Max Power or REVS!

NOVA MODELS

The most common deciding factor when it comes to buying a Nova, particularly if it's your first car, is the insurance price. This can be almost the same price for the car you're paying for, so it's wise to decide on what type of car you're after.
The newest model is a K reg (1993), which then Vauxhall stopped production of the Nova and put in its place the Vauxhall Corsa. The list below covers almost every type and model of the Vauxhall Nova range.

1.6i GSi Cat 3d Hatch
1.6i GTE 3d Hatch
1.4 SR 3d Hatch
1.4i SRi Cat 3d Hatch
1.3 SR 3d Hatch
1.5 TD SX Cat 3d Hatch
1.5 D Merit 5d Hatch
1.4i Luxe Cat 5d Hatch
1.3 L 4d Saloon
1.2 & 1.2i Merit Cat 5d Hatch
1.2 & 1.2i Merit Cat 2d Hatch
1.0 Merit 3d Hatch
1.0 2d Saloon

[Image: vauxhall%20nova%20sport%2001.jpg]
[Image: uvauxnov.jpg]
[Image: GSi.JPG]
[Image: vauxhall_nova_3.jpg]
[Image: c_damian_short1.jpg]

Everyday car - I currently drive a Polo which I quite like other than the lack of glove compartment space

Future car - Possibly an Audi TT or a Porsche boxster

Money no object

[Image: hb5_0.jpg]