Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Childhood Toy
Well it wasn't really a toy but I loved my Lassie wallet

[Image: lassie2.jpg]

But this was the next best thing. It could be a sword. Or a magic staff. Or if you got one curved the right way it could be a bow!

[Image: Stick.jpg]

Joshular Wrote:The N64 was good. I played the shit outta Ocarina of time and Perfect Dark

But it has nothing on the PS1 and all the FF games

[Image: PS1.jpg]

I'd disagree, but then I've never played a Final Fantasy game.

Which is sad, because I like RPG's.
I keep saying I'll get around to it eventually, but...

I do recall that when I was 4 (and when I visited Granny for a few years after) I LOVED to play the Fisher Price record player. I'm surprised Granny let me play that so much but she told me later that after hearing my older cousin play the crap out of noisy toys (endlessly popping, making shooting sounds, animal noises, etc) she found it a relief, especially as she didn't have to be worried about what I was getting into when I was playing it.

I also liked Pick Up Sticks and jacks, but when I left Granny's the girls in my neighborhood weren't much into them and the boys stole them from me...possibly another reason I didn't get much into toys.

Here's something to warp your childhood memories (at least those who ever played with one of these):

Matchbox cars, I had thousands of them. I still have them, I still love them, I still buy them hell they are only abuck. Some people needfancy jewellery, expensive clothes. I freaking toy car that costs less than a dollar will make my day.
[Image: matchbox-cars2.jpg]

Stuffed animals.

Hmm. My Great Grandmother's first husband (never met the man, and he isn't the father of my grandmother) was a carpenter and he would keep scraps of wood which he would carve, shape and sand into various shapes - While I think there were commercially sold blocks sets in that era, he made is own. They looked similar to this:

[Image: 73202.jpg]

A larger assortment of blocks were at my disposal, and something on the order of ten times the number of blocks as shown here.

Apparently I was something of the little designer/builder. My Great-grandma took many a Polaroid of my 'creations'.

In truth, If I had a few sets of blocks I would most likely still be playing with them... I like to build things, design stuff....

lego or dirt.

Lego, crochet, the forest and creek behind our house and audiobooks

and today : crochet, the forest and creek behind this house and audiobooks....