Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Christian Romance novels?
Does anyone know where I can find any gay theme Christian romances, if any exist? Has anyone come across any of these? thanks!

Gay, Christian Romance? Yes, you will find them at the Saint Sebastian Book Store right between the Perpetual Motion Device Mercantile and Pink Pegasus Emporium on 54th St, downtown Manhattan. Sorry, as far as I know, an actual gay romance that promotes or is even okay with Christianity does not exist. There certainly maybe some out there, but Christianity tends to serve as a conflict in Gay Romance stories.

Actually . . . you know what, I hardly think it counts, but you might try "Brideshead Revisited" . . . definitely has Christian and male-male romantic themes. I haven't read it. Couldn't make it through the mini series, but, who knows, perhaps it is what you are looking for. I have to worn you though, it is one of those dower, early-twentieth-century British novels that often collect more dust than positive reviews. Maurice is much better if you like things in that vein. That's all I can think of.

Wintereis Wrote:Actually . . . you know what, I hardly think it counts, but you might try "Brideshead Revisited" . . . definitely has Christian and male-male romantic themes. I haven't read it. Couldn't make it through the mini series, but, who knows, perhaps it is what you are looking for. I have to worn you though, it is one of those dower, early-twentieth-century British novels that often collect more dust than positive reviews. Maurice is much better if you like things in that vein. That's all I can think of.

Evelyn Waugh was a pretty preachy Catholic for someone who spent his university days fucking every gay man at Oxford.

Having just read Brideshead Revisited I generally recommend it, though I am not sure you would enjoy it. I am also not sure I would classify it as gay Christian romance. Whilst there is certainly a 'romantic friendship' between Charles (the protagonist) and Sebastian it fades as Sebastian is consumed by drink. The Catholicism of Sebastian's family is also a major theme, but it doesn't come out of it well with Julia, Sebastian's sister eventually consumed by guilt.

More generally what sort of story would be a gay Christian romance? Perhaps, boy meets boy at the Meteropolitan Community Church but must overcome the required number of plot devices before they can live happily ever after?

P.S. Wintereis, you have a truly wicked sense of humour.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Maybe you can start writing your own novels Wink just a thought! ^^