Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Quotes
What is your favorite quotes or sayings you heard or you said and like?

List them hereTalker

Well one of my favourite quotes is from the Matrix Reloaded, where the Merovingian says :-

Quote:Time. Ah yes, who has the time ? But then again if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time ?

I thought that was brilliant ... I use it from time to time (no pun intended).

The best quote I've ever come up with myself is :-

Quote:"Success is a reflection of awareness."

Which is, I think true of most things in life ... I tried to use it as a motto for a while, but then came to the conclusion that there is so much great advice out there (most of which I amassed as a child from watching cartoons), having just ONE motto would be silly ... so now I don't have any !! Lol2.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

"Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow!" - adapted from why do tomorrow what you can do today.

"The strength of the wolf is in the pack, the strength of the pack is in the wolf" ~Kipling

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog"

"People who don't like cats were mice in a former life

Those were really good !! :biggrin:.

Incidentally, these are really good too ...

http://despair.com/viewall.html

Enjoy !!

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

"Love is a trick nature plays to get us to reproduce, I want no part of it." Callisto from Xena: Warrior Princess

"We are all born of two natures Xena, good and evil. The side we choose to nuture defines who we are." Callisto

"Death is the high cost of living" I have heard this one various places, so I don't exactly know the origin.

Oh yeah can't forget this one Big Grin

"Welcome to the 6 o'clock news. I'm your anchor Oswald That Endswald. Our Top story today- Convicted hit man Jimmy "Two-Shoes" McClarty confessed today that he was once hired to beat a cow to death in a rice field using only 2 small porcelain figures.Police admit that this might be the first recorded case of a "Knick-Knack-Patty-Whack". Colin Mochrie from Whose Line is it Anyway.

I like long walks..... especially when they are taken by people who really annoy me.

There is no such thing as unconditional something, even you mother's love has a motive.

In a wedding when everyone says to the singles 'its you next' : Thank you, weddings are worse than funerals. I will avoid both.

Trouble begins when new starts never end.

I dont know how you did it but your girlfriend is gorgeous.

Since the mobile phones been on the market everyone was arguing who's the smallest. Size really does matter.

Other people have problems too , they just are better behaved than you.

I ll let you guess which of these are mine Laugh1

I tend to favour :

Do you want to check your Hit Points ?!?..... BEFORE or AFTER I slap you !

"Someday I hope to be as good of a person as my dog thinks I am today"

Why shou;dn't truth be stranger than fiction, fiction after all, has to make sense.

Mark Twain

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

V

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.
By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

Faust

Now you will receive us.
We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry.
We do not want your tired and sick.
It is your corrupt we claim.
It is your evil that will be sought by us.
With every breath we shall hunt them down.
Each day, we will spill their blood till it rains down from the skies.
Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal, these are principles that every man of every faith can embrace.
These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.
There are varying degrees of evil, we urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over, into true corruption, into our domain.
For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three. And on that day, you will reap it.
And we will send you to whatever god you wish.
And shepherds we shall be, For thee my lord for thee. Power has descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patri
Et Fili
Spiritus Sancti

The McMannes Brothers

these are my favorite quotes