Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite Couplets
Reading the complaint that we never talk about women on here reminded me of one of my favourite rhyming couplets from a song:

Eva Braun is cracking jokes
While Joan of Arc just sits and smokes ...

Sick? Twisted, certainly. Silly? Definitely. Funny? Hilarious within the context of the song ... and I wish I'd thought of it first :tongue:

It's from a song called "Ladies" and among other things calls up images of Margaret Mead climbing trees in the back garden and Betty Crocker baking cakes in the kitchen. Very clever.

Does anyone else know of any rhyming couplets in pop songs they think are particularly good?

I don't suppose this will fit the bill, but...

"Though we adore men individually,
We agree that as a group they're ra-ther stu-pid..."

which is something I've always sung or heard with mirth, feeling all the humour that was in them. Wink

Mary Poppins, Sister Suffragette

I'm struggling to find the rhyme, but Mary Poppins has some supercalifragilisticexpialidocious songs!

So I run to the river -It was bleedin
I run to the sea - it was bleedin

I know they don't rhyme, but hearin good old Nina singing those bad boys always makes me tingle.

Wilem Wrote:So I run to the river -It was bleedin
I run to the sea - it was bleedin

I know they don't rhyme, but hearin good old Nina singing those bad boys always makes me tingle.

How can you make anything rhyme better than "bleedin" with "bleedin"??? Perfect match!!!
LOOOL

princealbertofb Wrote:How can you make anything rhyme better than "bleedin" with "bleedin"??? Perfect match!!!
LOOOL
OH YER

but thats cheating!

shhhhh. :redface:

I had this one in mind although, as I recently stated back to my loved one, it is NOT my creed: (but since this is a gay site...., here goes!)

"So ma-ny men, so little time, how can I choose?"
"So ma-ny men, so little time, how can I lose?"
Miquel Brown (disco hit from the 1980s)
Oh, and you should see the kitsch video; I think it's available on You-Tube.
Invasion <== the men folk...

Bump <== Miquel Brown