Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite Directors?
Mirage Wrote:How true you are! Repulsion is a masterpiece!

Rosemary's Baby as well....never before have I seen such a flawless book-to-film adaptation as that movie

i love rosemary's baby ~

and carnage . that's an awwwesome roman polanski movie ~

I just watched Repulsion, that was absolutely brilliant. I haven't seen carnage yet though.

And of course rosemary's baby (my favourite movie ever) was almost like it was written to be a film the two versions were so in parallel.

Lars Von Trier
Tarsem (Singh)

My favorites: David Cronenberg, Fritz Lang, João Canijo, Clouzot and Pedro Almodóvar.

Lilitu Wrote:I just watched Repulsion, that was absolutely brilliant. I haven't seen carnage yet though.

And of course rosemary's baby (my favourite movie ever) was almost like it was written to be a film the two versions were so in parallel.

I'm a huge fan of Polanski but Carnage was disappointing. Watch Ghost Writer instead, it's brilliant.

I knew that Lynch and Malick would not be ignored, but for me they did both good and not so good movies.
I think the same of Argento and Hitchcok or Miike and David Fincher.

All these names are still among the best in the world ..

SolemnBoy Wrote:Fritz Lang: I REALLY need to get around to watching 'Metropolis' already...
He did a lot of movies! You have a lot of choice! ;-)
And from the Coen Bros, Fargo is probably my favourite.

sillyboy86 Wrote:I knew that Lynch and Malick would not be ignored, but for me they did both good and not so good movies.
I think the same of Argento and Hitchcok or Miike and David Fincher.

All these names are still among the best in the world ..

He did a lot of movies! You have a lot of choice! ;-)
And from the Coen Bros, Fargo is probably my favourite.

Argento's made lots of bad movies, yeah. Suspiria's good though.

Fargo is a great movie! I watched it a bit too late though so I kept laughing at their silly accents :c