Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite gay couples from fiction?
Does anyone have any particular favourites as far as gay couples in fiction go? For me, personally, I find it hard to find gay relationships in movies/shows/books that I actually enjoy following. My favourite couple is probably Utena and Anthy from a show called Revolutionary Girl Utena. The show had loads of interesting things going on (deconstruction of stereotypical fairy tales, gender roles, adolescence, sexuality etc.) that their "relationship" kind of ended up as a secondary thing. It's not even certain that they WERE a couple, although that's how I personally saw it.

^ Loads of lesbian imagery! Yay! Nah, in all seriousness I love these characters too much for my own good...

willow and tara from buffy
possibly one of the best lesbian relationships on tv . it lasted a few years and wasn't just thrown in as a way of boosting ratings . they didn't have their first on screen kiss until a year after the relationship began - which i suppose sounds like a bad thing , but it was done so that their first kiss would just be part of the show / their relationship , and not just a hot lesbian kiss to attract more viewers (which so many tv shows seem to do -___- )

Garrett and Ryan in "366 Days" By Kiyoshi Tanaka

I am about 3/4 through the book. I want to love and be loved that much!

volgin and raikov in the metal gear video game series ~

volgin is totally evil and crazy . the fact that he loves raikov so much is pretty much the only humanizing thing about him . in the boss fight with him , if you wear a mask that vaguely resembles raikov , volgin won't attack you , lol ~

[Image: de591b15a2357645ae81d5767a8dd2d8.jpg]

This was cute in it's time Wink

Probably from some manga...

Not counting fanfic slash...Willow & Tara were really special and memorable, but I think I'm gonna have to go with TiBette (Tina + Bette) of The L Word (frustrating as it often was as they messed each other up until they finally got sense enough to put aside their stupid baggage and make it work again), a work safe vid (all too rare!) of them that gives me the warm fuzzies here:

ETA: here's a scene of them having an "intervention" by their friends:

I enjoyed the homo eroticism between Merlin and Arthur. Arthur's dying scene was so tender I couldn't believe they didn't kiss Remybussi

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. In the 5th grade of grammar school in 1956, I ran home to my apartment with my best friend Jimmy. He was the cutest altar boy I ever saw at a Catholic school on the island of Manhattan. We turned on the Mickey Mouse Club Show and howled at the antics of cute boys dancing provocatively. Half way through the show, the serial Spin and Marty came on. We were enthralled at the two of them. Spin was a good looking kid played by a 12 year old Tim Considine. Marty was played by some English kid, a real snob. Spin was nice to Marty and tried to make him feel welcome at a dude ranch. We knew in this episode, they would take a shower in the nude. Finally the camera showed Spin and Marty in the foreground. Water rolled down their bodies to their nude hips. Spin smiled at Marty. Marty smiled at Tim.. Marty looked down at Spin's crotch and stared at whatever was there. Spin grinned broadly at Marty's stare. In the background cute boys walked in and out of the shower. They were completely in the nude. They had cute asses. Marty leaned over towards Spin. Their lips got close. The announcer said the show would continue tomorrow. Jimmy and I groaned.

I stared at Jimmy. "Do you want to take a nude shower with me?" Jimmy giggled "Yes, John." We went into the bathroom, took off each others clothes. We had been taught that cleanliness was next to Godliness. We climbed in the shower and vigorously washed each others genitals. We wanted to be real clean. God and Mickey Mouse were watching us. I sure loved that shower with Jimmy.

It is a shame that Disney now features brain dead zombies on kids shows. In the fifties, you could tell the difference between boys and girls because of nude showers on the Mickey Mouse Club Show. God bless Walt Disney. He knew that boys were horny for each other.