Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fear of Offending Someone
On a more serious note I don't do that often...but there are people who try to read meaning (usually a critical one) into everything I say and do...if it happens too often I have to put some space between us as I start feeling neurotic myself wondering how what I say or do will come off.

Pix Wrote:On a more serious note I don't do that often...but there are people who try to read meaning (usually a critical one) into everything I say and do...if it happens too often I have to put some space between us as I start feeling neurotic myself wondering how what I say or do will come off.
Oh, I hate when this happens.

It is generally speaking a good advice to not want to get inside the other person's head too much. You end up projecting way too much. And not everything someone does has a deeper meaning, and not everything has a meaning related to you. It's a comforting thought.

Also, thank you East for the good laughs Roflmao I feel embarrassed about everything all the time, so I guess I'm still waiting that shock therapy.

Dissecting our thoughts can be a common theme among gay men, after all we spend a chunk of our lives just trying to figure out who we are , so you are not alone in doing this.

Be aware of falling into the trap of mind reading, you cannot really tell what someone is thinking unless they verbally choose to tell you. So next time you want to know what is going inside his head just ask him and put your own mind at rest in the process.