Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fed Up With A Selfish Friend
One of the reasons why I don't like children.

Oh yeah I said it. She is immature.

She is not a friend. She is only an acquaintance and you need to decide how much you are willing to invest in a mere acquaintance.

Her behaviors as you have listed them tells me that no matter how nice you will be to point out her flaws, she is going to take it the wrong way and make a scene.

Thus your choice is not really if you should point out her flaws, but if you should 'bear with it' and hopes she matures in the short run, or how exactly you can slowly cut her off and gently push her away.

I can't make that choice for you. Obviously there is something you get from this relationship with her. What that is I have no idea, but there is some reason why you befriended her in the first place. If that doesn't exist anymore, then it should be easy to cut ties and let her go.

If it still exists, you need to weigh if all of this other 'bad' stuff that comes along with this package deal is worth whatever it is you get out of this relationship.

I doubt she is going to change in the near term. She needs to have a few people break ties with her and have her eyes opened to the underling cause. Thus your breaking up with her will provide her with much needed life lessons.

Frankly, if it was me I would tally up the bill, read it to her and tell her 'good day'. That is what i would do now at age 46. Back when I was 19-20 I most likely would have put up with it and slowly distanced myself since I lacked the ability to stand up and say what was on my mind.

It was a life lesson I learned over time and many experiences. Wink

I need to pick up a few thing from her house, so I'm going over there later today with my mother to somehow "nicely" tell her she needs to grow up and that I'm done with her bullshit.
My mother thinks I should be nice about it so I don't "close a door" or whatever.
I figured once Jasmine (the former friend) grows up, she can apologize and reopen that door herself.

Rae Wrote:I need to pick up a few thing from her house, so I'm going over there later today with my mother to somehow "nicely" tell her she needs to grow up and that I'm done with her bullshit.
My mother thinks I should be nice about it so I don't "close a door" or whatever.
I figured once Jasmine (the former friend) grows up, she can apologize and reopen that door herself.

Good luck.
Yeah, if you have a choice between being kind or mean, you should choose kind.

But really, you've shown her more kindness and patience than she deserves. Nobody, except your mom maybe, would criticize you if you simply told her what you told us: I'm tired of your bullshit!

Smile