• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel better after being outside?
There’s a scientific reason for that

http://www.upworthy.com/feel-better-afte...n-for-that
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

[Image: 20150726_140823.jpg]

Totally agree

I feel like going outside now, even with the cold/flu I have.
Some annoying idiot is making so much noise in this appartment building atm. Sure, he's allowed to do it until 20:00, but it's still damn annoying.

No, no, I usually feel stressed out and anxious.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

There was a huge mast of gambel oak acorns this year, so I went out in the canyons on the edge of desert and collected some. I soaked them 5 minutes in hot water to kill any weevils, drenched them with hydrogen peroxide to kill any pathogens, cold moist stratified them in peat moss in the refrigerator, and within a month plenty of them had sent out their radicles. Next year they will send up their first shoots. I hope to start a small oak forest on my 5 acres / 2 hectares. It might just be 100 - 150 seedlings. I will have to protect them from the deer and gophers.

Just got back from a week in New York City. Even with a walk on the highline, a visit to the botanic garden, a walk in a park, and a walk along the Brooklyn promenade, I craved more nature. So happy to be back home in the mountains.

Camfer, I hear that planting soda bottles with their openings above ground is a good way to drive gophers away. The sound vibrations transmitted into the soil displease them. I would look for some glass soda bottles.
I bid NO Trump!

I tried this with beer bottles, but I got so drunk emptying all the beer bottles I needed, I somehow forgot about the gophers.