Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel like I'm wasting away
My friends and family think I'm trying. I definitely was. I was applying every day. Then as I continued to get no responses, I applied less and less for jobs. Now I have an incredibly hard time even getting myself to look at them. I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I do. I'm not depressed, and am enjoying what I can with my situation, but I keep on getting a "what's the point" when looking for jobs.

Sometimes I can look no problem, but those days are few and far between these days. The summer's getting closer and closer and I doubt I'll have an income. I told myself I'd move out of my parents house at the end of the year, and a friend wants me to move in at the end of the summer at the start of the next school year. I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford it, as a substitute teacher.

I was once told that restaurants and hospitals are always hiring. Good money? No. But better than substituting.

Also, do the state employment agency thing and remember that applications put in on the net are nearly always ignored. Go in person.

Worked for a temp agency? Some even have benefits and allow you to accrue vacation time.

Job hunting is a horrible thing, but you can do it. Good luck.
I bid NO Trump!

remember which of the knights of the Round Table eventually found the Holy Grail.

It was Percival, from which our word 'persistance' derives.

I would give you, first of all, a hug... second of all, *don't stop trying*. the right thing is out there for you. as someone who was poor most of his life, and who has been homeless, I got an inheritance that has set me for life. I was in despair to the point of suicide and checked myself into a mental ward once in order to keep myself from suicide. Then out of the clear blue, something happened that saved me.

Hang in there, brother. We need you. Have faith that anything can happen any day. When it does, you will appreciate it all the more. Easy for me to say, but, I can just about promise you that it will get better.

as LJay wisely said, go down to Manpower or a temp agency. I did and was working within a couple of days.

I made contacts that eventually got me a good job. If you show up on time, consistently, and work hard, you will stand out and just might get hired into a permanent position.

Above all, hang in there and don't give up.

It is difficult but you need to find ways to keep yourself motivated and focused on the task of finding that job.

Have you tried Voluntary work for a charity or something similar? It's something you can add to your cv as employers usually look favorably on someone willing to take voluntary work on board; it shows willing and enthusiasm and may give you the edge over other candidates applying for similar jobs.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

I'm in the same boat. Are you at least getting unemployment? I have been out of work for 3 months. I was working for the company for 15 years and had enough of the way I was being treated and I was tired of being in the closet at work so I just quit. It blew all their minds!! Personally, I don't care and would find myself much happier at a place that treated me better even if it meant I would get paid a little less. As far as your situation, I find it helpful to still wake up early and work out then look for work. It's important to keep your routine. If you don't you begin to criticize yourself more because of all the extra time on your hands...Stay positive!!! We can do this:-)