Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel like no one likes me at times.
axle2152 Wrote:The fuck is wrong with people these days? It is weird people in the south often do seem backwards at times but you seldom ever see that sort of behavior here. I mean I know there are a lot of good people but to think that people would shove a guy down who's on crutches is fucking enraging as hell...

Anyway, I was thinking the similar as well but I didn't want to default to that, thinking surely that's not the case as I do experience that as well but... I suppose people suck just about everywhere...

Dude in the UK the accessibility rules is messed up with loads of loopholes to get out of it. The UK loves it's red tape. Bit like those aliens on Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy lol.

artyboy Wrote:Dude in the UK the accessibility rules is messed up with loads of loopholes to get out of it. The UK loves it's red tape. Bit like those aliens on Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy lol.

I thought Parliament was like our Congress, except with a two drink minimum...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

House of Lords and House of Commons

House of Lords is full of old people but they seem to understand things more than the house of commons.

House of Lords isn't elected were as the house of commons is. See how democracy works lol.

Gemini Wrote:It sounds like it's not so much that people don't like you, as it is that they're not willing to accommodate your disability. And that says a hell of a lot more about them than it does about you.

It seems to me that people in general are becoming more and more self absorbed. And everyone is trying to cram 32 hours worth of whatever into 24. A while back, I was on crutches for a few weeks, and it got so I didn't want to go out of the house because people would literally shove me aside and trample me to get where they were going. I've seen this happen to elderly or disabled people at the mall, too.

I think you expressed something that is a big problem or becoming one. The lifestyle and work load that people are under nowadays is really insane. I'm not talking specifically about this situation, but in general, what you said about people trying to cram more hours into a 24-hour day is very true. Some of the guys I know work multiple jobs, and barely have time/opportunity to divert from their home-office axis. Even if they only work one job, they still spend 6 days a week on work, and use every opportunity to get more hours. They have new things they want to buy, and other things that need monthly financial attention... at least that's how they put it when asked about it. Then the commuting between home and work, and sometimes outside the city/country you live in, that takes up its own time and energy... This doesn't even cover the whole spectrum.

People no longer socialize with others, or do it on an extremely limited and/or impersonal basis. A lot only socialize with people at work and those connected to their family (because it's there by default, they don't have to go out of their way for it) or go online and grab the first one who seems okay to them.

In my opinion, this is wrong. Not only does it directly reduce the quality of life, but looking for friends/sex/companionship on the internet takes the thrill/pleasure out of the thing. And no matter how much money you make, it's never enough anyway. You make more, you also upgrade yourself to a higher expenses bracket at the same time. When you spend your 30s and 40s -- the time that is the peak in your life -- working for money and not enjoying the ride, that seems an utterly wrong way to go about it. People should slow down a little, get off the ride sometimes, make new friends or make more of an effort for old ones. Be human.

People drift apart and things just fade away, it's not limited to people with a disability. Seems to be the characteristic of our current society and way of life. It's a very frequently-encountered complaint/problem. In high school and in college things were different. But once guys enter the job market, it's like it sucks up all their time and energy. And I don't even know how this can be, because when you care about your friends you still make an effort and won't let it get that bad.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Your family and friends sound like a bunch of assholes.

I think they have been holding me back that is for sure. I need to make some new friends. Getting this new job is a start.

artyboy Wrote:Why do I feel like people don't like me?

Rang my mum today, she just doesn't seem to be interested in anything I say. I try ringing one of my closest friends and he doesn't answer the phone. This has been going on for months, years even.

It's my mates birthday this weekend, we used to go for a meal every year till 4 years ago now he doesn't really want to do anything with me any more. I know it's my disability that is causing the issue as they places he likes to eat have stairs and aren't disabled friendly. We don't go to cinema due to the same problem. So when times are like this he disappears and when he is about makes excuses why he can't do anything.

I'm getting bored of waiting for others to do things with me.

I tried to arrange a family meal for my birthday, no one seemed interested even though it was my 30th. They said they didn't do anything for their 30th so they didn't seem the point to do anything with me. Lovely attude indeed.

Starting to feel like no one wants anything do with me.

Honestly, I think you are over thinking this.

People change, it is as simple as that. I doubt it has anything to do with you, I would say the way they behave is more about them.

You may be the common denominator, but ultimately the way they behave is their problem, not yours. This should motivate you to broaden your horizons, so to speak, and find some new friends.

Come to Australia, I'll get ya pissed for your 30th.

deephiance Wrote:Honestly, I think you are over thinking this.

People change, it is as simple as that. I doubt it has anything to do with you, I would say the way they behave is more about them.

You may be the common denominator, but ultimately the way they behave is their problem, not yours. This should motivate you to broaden your horizons, so to speak, and find some new friends.

Come to Australia, I'll get ya pissed for your 30th.

Australia is very inviting, does your country need art teachers lol?

artyboy Wrote:Australia is very inviting, does your country need art teachers lol?

well the way politics works here in Australia, anyone can be prime minister for whatever length of time and then get a $200 000 a year pension for life.

deephiance Wrote:well the way politics works here in Australia, anyone can be prime minister for whatever length of time and then get a $200 000 a year pension for life.

Hmmm still better than some other English speaking countries eh?