Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel quite disheartened (but trying to move on)
Hardheaded1 Wrote:Anonymous, your replies are relevant and helpful. My impression of you and your prospects is wholly changed.

As everyone has counselled, hang in there. You have what it takes, but must take the necessary steps to work around that anxiety.

When you get to America, whether to stay here or visiting from Europe, dinner is on me. Wink

Thanks Hardheaded1 Smile

Wanted to share this here:

Today was my first day of lessons for the semester. And I am proud to say that I attended all the lectures and revised my work when I came back home. Isn't it a good start? Smile

I would love to have dinner with you Smile

Take care Hardheaded1 Smile

Anonymous Wrote:At times, I am apprehensive whether I can cope with the modules and graduate with a degree. I'm not really a smart person and I always get just passes for most of my modules. There was this module which I failed twice and I was really disappointed. However, this time I managed to pass that module (though its the 3rd time). So this means I still have hope right? But this seems to be a very tough journey for me.
Hello there. So you're taking an engineering course? Haha I'm also taking engineering course in my university. Well, i'm not a genius. To be honest, i'm a slow learner. ElkgrinEngineering is kinda tough, and i also failed to get a better grade in some of my course subjects. Thus, I have to retake 'em.

My lecturer used to tell me, "other than learning the engineering related subjects, we also have to learn on of the crucial skills - the skill to survive in the university." I kinda agree to his point, University is mostly about how good a person at handling his problem, how tough a person to endure such challenges he faced in the university.

Anonymous Wrote:I'm not that young anymore and I will be 28 by the time I graduate with a degree. And by the time I find a job and settle overseas, I'll probably be 30 years old. Sometimes, my age also seems to be a de-motivation for me.
Better late than never right? 10 years later, sitting in your room, wondering about your life, pitying yourself, playing "what if game", regretting the 'mistake' you did: not finishing your degree. Hehehe, we ain't Bill Gates, we ain't Mark Zuckerberg.

Anonymous Wrote:Another thing which upsets me is that most students from my batch are going to graduate in mid 2015. However, I can only graduate at the end of 2016. Sad

Not sure whose quoting this but here goes a quote, "Don't compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself because you're unique."
Well everyone have their own journey. You too, have your own journey. Graduating later than your friends means nothing. You still can get a decent job am i right? Because a requirement for a job is not about how early you get your cert. 1blue1

Anonymous Wrote:Also, I have some lecturers who kept asking me to consider dropping out because I "don't cope well with studies." and they also said "Do you think you can really graduate with a degree?" Their harsh words are really hurting and terrible.
You have to proof to them that you can do it better. Sometimes people have in doubt in you just so you would bounce back and use it to propagate your spirit to succeed in your life. Uzi

*Never give up! You don't know how close you are to your success. If you're are afraid of graduating alone, then I'm willingly to accompany you to graduate on that year. hahaha. Last but not least, always remember that a bitter work could lead to a fruitful success. Cheers from another engineering student!

- just my 2 cent.Catmilk

Night777 Wrote:Hello there. So you're taking an engineering course? Haha I'm also taking engineering course in my university. Well, i'm not a genius. To be honest, i'm a slow learner. ElkgrinEngineering is kinda tough, and i also failed to get a better grade in some of my course subjects. Thus, I have to retake 'em.

My lecturer used to tell me, "other than learning the engineering related subjects, we also have to learn on of the crucial skills - the skill to survive in the university." I kinda agree to his point, University is mostly about how good a person at handling his problem, how tough a person to endure such challenges he faced in the university.

Better late than never right? 10 years later, sitting in your room, wondering about your life, pitying yourself, playing "what if game", regretting the 'mistake' you did: not finishing your degree. Hehehe, we ain't Bill Gates, we ain't Mark Zuckerberg.

Not sure whose quoting this but here goes a quote, "Don't compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself because you're unique."
Well everyone have their own journey. You too, have your own journey. Graduating later than your friends means nothing. You still can get a decent job am i right? Because a requirement for a job is not about how early you get your cert. 1blue1

You have to proof to them that you can do it better. Sometimes people have in doubt in you just so you would bounce back and use it to propagate your spirit to succeed in your life. Uzi

*Never give up! You don't know how close you are to your success. If you're are afraid of graduating alone, then I'm willingly to accompany you to graduate on that year. hahaha. Last but not least, always remember that a bitter work could lead to a fruitful success. Cheers from another engineering student!

- just my 2 cent.Catmilk

Thanks for your reply Night777 Smile

Thanks for your motivating words Smile I'm quite determined to excel in my studies and am really working hard for it now. Smile

All the best for your studies too Smile