Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling better
Well today I feel abit better about myself, but still confused but as coming out or coming fully out I don't think that will be possible,because what friend I have are religous and their is no family that i have to worry about, and I guess if I get figure out down the road I can deal with it then if it happens. So now comes the fun part is being able to ack on my feeling and possible finding my soul mate if that is possible.:confused:WinkConfusedmile:

Hello DLBOY,
It is possible... Of course coming out is easier and trust me when ya do your feel alot of weight leave your shoulders.. All you need to do is ask your family to love you for being honest and explain to them you havent changed your still you just that you have admitted your gay... I used to be in a relationship with a guy who wasnt out and it ended up failing because he wouldnt admit to his family what he was and what was sad it wasnt until after we split he then confessed and his family were fine with it but sadly it caused too much stress in our relationship i lost all love..

Best of luck when you do come out

zeon

Well the first step is coming to terms with everything yourself... it sounds like you are which is great. Then, coming out to others... it's different for everyone. You mention family isn't a concern so the main thing is friends... well, perhaps the first step is to try and see if you can meet gay friends in the area. Not that you need to have gay friends; I definitely am much closer to straight friends I met during college as it's been hard for me to meet gay guys locally that I share stuff in common with (though thankfully online have met more to know that I'm not the only gay guy not into pop divas! haha), but perhaps you could meet someone cool to hang with who could 1) help support you as you come out, or 2) be someone to hang with if any friends do struggle. I've got to say my experience with friends was pretty good, even a Christian girl I'd heard make antigay comments before ended up being quite accepting. Sometimes realizing a friend is gay, helps them open up their worldview a bit. And of course depending on how out you want to be at this point, you should choose who to tell carefully... any friends you know would be both accepting and trustworthy... try starting with them. Just having one person you can be yourself around when it's just you two, can feel so much better... but getting there can be a bit scary. Best of luck to you

Tried testing waters today but hear things that I just can't risk yet. I am hoping that I find someone that I can be myself, but with my luck I'm not sure that will happen, just because I have been hurt so much that it seem hard to open up to others which has limited me to really a very few friends. Starting to think about it I know thousands of people but to call any my true friends come down to 2 or 3 people.