Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling down about this long distance relationship
About five weeks ago I met this guy offline who I've been chatting to online for a while (as friends). We seemed to click on that first meet, and both started to feel something stronger for each other. We met again the next week and he told me that he was interested in me in that way. I knew that he'd been offered a job on the other side of the world, but still followed my heart without thinking.

We met up quite a bit after that and stayed over together several times, which was really quite magical. I've never felt like this about a guy before and love him so much.

He left around two weeks ago and I've been a terrible mess since. I can't stop thinking about him, or the times we spent together. I seem to feel worse every day and really down.

Of course we send each other texts and talk on Facebook, but already I'm missing the physical side of things. The interaction like hugs and walking hand in hand, not to mention sex. It'll be some time before I see him again.

I'm almost considering breaking this off, as I just want my life back. I'm sick of feeling so depressed day in day out, and I have responsibilities in life. I can't bear to hurt him, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life feeling like this.

Am I selfish?

I don't think you're selfish, maybe it was a little bit naive to begin a relationship when you knew he was going away, but my advice would have to put things on a balance, are there plans already for you to meet each other? and I mean solid plans with dates and all not just lover's hope and wishful thinking, do you think you could handle a relationship like this in the long run?

Because yeah, maybe he's the love of your life or maybe not, everyone is different and ha different tolerances to this kind of relationship, you will meet guys that outright tell you they can't handle this relationships, while there are other who can be in this kind of relationship for months or even years before they are together again.

He'll be abroad for several years, and I'm currently in the process of saving to go over and visit him next year.

He's recently told me that there was another gay guy on his course and that they met up afterwards for a few drinks. I'm sure it was just an innocent drink, but I can't stop feeling paranoid that he's found someone else now.