Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling like crap need advice
So this week end I was with my ex. We got wasted and I said something I shouldn't have.I said it because I was upset after he made a joke about me being abused by my uncle as a child. I told him one of our friends had said that I was way out of his league and shouldn't have dated him. I feel really guilty and even though we talked about it in the morning. I still have that feeling of remorse in the back of my mind. I feel like I ruin his self confidence. I want to make it up. Make him feel better. But I don't know what to do.

You need to apologize to him... Show him no hard feelings and explain that it was a heated moment... Tell him that you get upset at your past and would like it if he didnt go mentioning it... Dont allow it to ruin your friendship with your ex... Just be honest and upfront about it and most importantly dampen down the flames ferom the arguement...

Welcome to gay speak

zeon
Gay speak agony aunt zx

Does he understand the joke he made was wrong? I think if he understands you both said things you shouldn't have and understands your motivation in saying what you did, it might help.

Well, it wasn't really your fault that you got mad if you get joked on something sensitive like that... But, you should apologize and make it even.

A relationship can not exist when there is a problem with communication. You guys either need to talk it through and gain more understanding toward each other or break up.

and of course, breaking up over hurt feelings would be the childish thing to do.

I already apologized to him and everything seems to be alright, and we're not dating, we're just friends. Thanks for the advice you guys Smile

You say,

X, I'm sorry I said that the other day I didn't really mean that.

Then, as far as providing emotional support to eachother, the easiest way to move on is to limit interraction and definitely avoid emotional support for eachother. You're gonna have to be without eachother eventually. Its nice to know you can still care for eachother.. but it sounds like the emotional strain is very real to you. i'd recommend taking a breather. but don't tell him it will just make him upset. basically, hes out of your intimate circle.

Best of luck, sorry if this comes off insensitive. i know these things can be terrible Sad xooo